[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Beliskner

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by Beliskner »

Later...

SpoilerShow
Some time after bridge discussion Hadrid went down to his chamber where he hidden back his server(with umiak AI inside) to the locker in the floor and started his computer. Waiting for boot up, he pressed few buttons on his com-link and 'phoned' Kvasir Rockwool.

Seeing a space badger badge on his calling screen Kvasir pressed calling button.

[Wassup bro, I'm sleeping.]

[Get your ass up Kvasir, we got a work to do.]

[What? I just went to bed.]

[I need your help so get your ass to machineshop and warm it up. I will be there shortly.]

[Damm...]

Cutting off transmission Hadrid sat back to his computer which was already operational. Looking over his technical data and blueprints he found what suited his needs most. Copying patterns to his flashdrive he rose and left his room locking it behind. Before going to downstairs he moved across hall to the armory. Entering it he was greeted by guard at the table.

Everything secure sir!

[Carry on corporal. I need few things to prepare myself to the assault on the station.]

I heard sir, good luck

[We all need it. Do me a favor and don't tell anyone I was here alright?]

hmm.. of course SIR!

Moving inside the armory Hadrid looked for gunpowder pellets and primers which may be used for resupply ammunition if needed be. Founding and getting what he needed he left the armory with large bag on his back.

------------------------------

Reaching machineshop Hadrid was greeted by Kvasir who was holding fresh made integrated circuits.

[Check it out. I got yours toys right here. I don't know why you need so much flexible circuits.]

[Great, put them on visible spot I will take them later. Now we have a lot to do.] he said giving flashdrive to his friend

[Right] Kvasir said reaching for pendirve [Let's see what you got here.] Plugging drive to the computer he opened first of the blueprints

[Damm.... that's serious staff Hadrid. I don't know if we can make it here. We need a lot of scrap for it.]

[Then go! Get it. Steal, beg, dismantle. Meanwhile I will make what I can here.]

[Okey bro.]

With Kvasir gone Hadrid turned toward one of the lathes and went to work.

---------------------------------------few hours later-----------------------------------------

Kvasir went back to the workshop with huge sack of rods, tubes, pieces of metal, rubber and composites.

[I think I got all.] he said cleaning sweat from his forehead.

Approaching Hadrid's table where he was cleaning completed objects with methylated spirit.

[You are fast.] Kvasir said looking at approximately 50 spiky objects standing on table.

[Something which can't be said about you.] Hadrid said with the grin.

[Screw you! You know how difficult is to get reinforced and hardened rod that size.]

[I can only imagine... come one let's get going.]

---------------------------------some time later----------------------------

With two engineers working at the site, the workshop sounded for outsiders like a shipyard or car garage buzzing and squealing as metal was submitting to will of men.

[So... what's wrong with Anderson?] Kvasir shot form nowhere.

[What's wrong with her?]

[You tell me, she want to poke your eye with fork.]

Hadrid choked laughing [Well... she is somehow pissed on me.]

[Why?]

[How to put it? She wanted to get to my bed so.....I gave her the bird.]

[What?] Kvasir paused the milling shocked. [Dude! Do I heard right? Girl want to be fucked and you say get lost?]

[Hmm yea more less]

[No!No!No! It's just wrong bro. Where is your spirit from high school?]

[Just drop it ok? I wasn't in the mood.]

[In the mood? Mood is for cattle when they want to give milk.]

[End of the topic!]

[Alright I will get you later. Now I heard you had a trip to sensor array with Loroi.] Kvasir returned to the milling.

[What of it?]

[Nothing probably... they look... pleasing.]

[No! not you! I don't need another horny jackass aboard. My little finger whispers me enough about Aldridge.]

[What? Did he...]

[No! Focus on work.]

[O come on where is harm?]

[Jezzz ok... they look nicely in eyes. But I don't need company. I had a lot at Esperanza.]

[Before leaving? Wow tell me more.]

[Maybe later.]

-----------------------------------------------------------few hours later------------------------

[You got all? I think there is sink behind table over there.] Kvasir said laughing at Hadrid with bags.

[Very funny. Go get some nap. I will do the same.]
POST 33

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Okay, time to skip a bit forward and speed things up, as we are finally complete again. I hope you don't mind skipping the three days of training. Please look in the BESM manual how fighting works (page 138 f., I think). Uhm... spoilers? :lol: Roebens character will be introduced, too. Now, some Music for you: Link]

30 minutes before the shuttle start:

Captain Blake thought about the last three days and that upcoming mission. A habit he had since the Academy: always think what lies behind you, before you step forward. Some would consider him odd for this, but that is just how he does such important things.

The final briefing for that mission was over and three days of hard training had passed. Those Loroi proved to be remarkable warriors, like the Amazons from the old greek legends.
Now it was time to get the final preparations done. It was decided that the attack on that station should go like this:
Cydonia starts the shuttle in some distance, it engines will be turned off and it will just drift to the station. It would take about an hour for them to get there and if they were lucky, the Umiak won't notice them until it is too late. The shuttle will dock the station and try to accomplish the following goals:
1. try to find out whats going on over there, the situation is still unclear.
2. secure the fuel and a docking port for Cydonia, its Marines and the other Loroi soldiers will secure the station. This is crucial for the mission.
3. find that captured Loroi and try to free him/her.
However, the boarding party will get a lot of freedom in how to archive their orders, as so little was know about that station and what might be going on over there. On the other side, the shuttle was small and only few could get aboard, even after they removed some of its internals. Only 16 soldiers and their equipment could get aboard, the pilot and copilot included.

Having thought this, his heart filled with sorrow: this was maybe the most important mission of his life, what if something goes wrong? What if all those good people day for nothing because the Umiak blow up the station or just kill all of them?

{Don't give up hope! What should go wrong? We thought of everything...}

And then, just in this minute, something unexpected happened, his com-unit started beeping:

[Captain, this is Dr. Murasaki. I have bad news...] said the good doctor in his typical, slightly arrogant voice.

[Doctor? What is it?] the Captain replied, he still didn't even like talking to that man.

[One of the Marines assigned to that mission you are about to launch is here in the medbay...]

[And?! Must I pull everything out of your mouth or will you tell whats wrong?]

[Sir, that Marine, he is called Harris I think, is going nowhere. He has tasted one of those Loroi emergency rations. Apparently one of our guests gave it to him for some form of... compensation...]

[A what?]

[He doesn't want to talk about it... But that is not the important part at the moment: He can't go on that mission. Apparently Loroi... "food"... has some serious impact on human digestion and I have to keep him in isolation for a while, because of a burning pain in a certain... "area"... of his body...]

[In isolation for food poisoning? You were sure it was nothing from that mexican buffet from yesterday?] the Captain said and then a thought hit him like a lightning : {some form of compensation...} pictures of Harris and a certain Loroi with short green hair flashed back into his mind... how they seemed to have more fun than the others at those training exercises... [Forget what I said earlier... Uhm... try to fix him up. I will talk to him later. Blake out.]

{Seems like that old ladykiller found another victim. He got what he deserved... But who should take his place?} Blake though for a long while and grinned, as he was on his way to the bridge again. Then it hit him: he had to call out a replacement... THIS replacement! And his grin vanished from his face.
Someone he was trying to avoid since the start of that mission and he had put him in night shift for that very reason. But there was no one else who could fill that intended roll. Someone who could eventually evaluate the damage that was done to the station, secure a few Umiak artifacts without the Loroi taking notice and more important: who could find out what those damn Shenuda Heavy Industry guys were doing on that station... Hadrid for sure wouldn't like what he was about to do...

He flipped open his com-unit and opened a connection to Ensign De Ruyter.

In Ensign De Ruyters cabin:

A long and annoying beeping could be heard in the darkness of his cabin, as well as a flashing red light could be seen. That could mean only one thing: His com-unit received a transmission of the highest priority, in other words: from the person that couldn't like his presence aboard right from the start... the Captain!
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Ensign Michael De Ruyter stirred from his slumber, groaning like the com-unit had slapped him in the face with the heavy end of a sledgehammer. The last days had been hell, with even less sleep then he was usually getting. Now here he was after a 10 hour shift with minimum breaks. Had to look sharp, they said, the station might just randomly decide to announce more information about what the bloody hell is going on in there in some shape or form, a chance we cannot ignore!

Fat chance. It reeked of his superiors finally making up an excuse to get back at him for all those days that he lazed around on a completely soul-draining job, sitting in a chair and waiting for someone to hail the bloody ship. Unable to even take a look at the "refugees" onboard the ship. The bastards knew he would be interested in alien lifeforms, so all he heard of them was second hand. Beautiful blue space elves, sirens from another planet. The rest of the crew might as well been hypnotized by a harpies song. Meanwhile, he was bound to the ships mast by his superiors. Not his idea of fun.

Besides, they were probably full of crap anyway. Some sort of practical joke played on him that the rest of the ship was in on.

He had been on that job for hours, sitting bleary-eyed in front of a bright green screen scanning frequencies and keying in data. When his torment was finally over and his replacements arrived, talking about how the "Loroi" had "Such amazing colors of hair" he sunk into bed. The exhaustion had forced his insomnia far onto the background. At least there was that.

He looked at the time on the digital clock next to the com-unit, a small smart-glass type. He had barely slept for three hours. He hadn't even bothered undressing before going to sleep, so now he was in a bit of a pickle. He was wearing his clothes but he hadn't shaved, wasn't presentable, and without stims, he would probably collapse if whatever the captain wanted him for lasted more then four hours or so.

The thing screamed out with joy for the third or fourth time. It surely was joy, after all, it never got to wake him. He never slept long enough for it to have to do its job. Now that Michael thought about that for a second, he felt a pang of jealousy as he dragged himself from his bunk, and shambled towards the light in the deep darkness of the room. He hit the correct button and replied "lively", the telltale sign of his insincerity.

"Ensign De Ruyter reporting, channel and ears open, cap."

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

It felt like hours to Blake that De Ruyter finally responded to his call. This voice was enough to question his decision. On the other hand, he knew exactly how the Ensign would look and feel now. That this lazy bastard was off his ship for quite some time seemed like a holiday to him and it got better: Lt. Cmdr. Ferox had to take care of him for that mission!
He know hat he should feel bad now, shoving that lazy bone under Hadrids hood was mean and Ferox deserved better. But for the sake of humanity Hadrid had to swallow that pill.

{Time to respond to that slug...}

[This is the Captain...] he took a short pause after those words and the continued: [...you will report to Lt. Cmdr. Ferox on the shuttle bay in 20 minutes. Get your equipment and gear up, you will be part of the mission to that station. Don't forget your sidearm. Understood?]

{I can't help myself, seeing Hadrids face when he pops up on the shuttlebay... I would die for that! On the other side... I really hope nothing goes wrong and that guy can do at least a few things right.}
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

It wasn't often that Michael felt angry. But right now, a stab of rage wriggled itself into his mind like a happy little piece of steel under a toenail... For a moment a witty comment slipped onto his tongue, but he swallowed it down with a grimace, lacing only his voice with a little bit of poison.

"Perfect timing, Captain. I was about to go to sleep after a twelve hour workday... May I suggest picking..."

And at this he stopped.

Wait a minute.

He had to be careful with his words here. His mind raced as he felt himself slip from his dazed, sleepdrunk state into a more lucid state of mind.

This was the captain he was speaking to, not Hadrid. Insubordination could land him in the brig.

Now that he thought about it, the captain wouldn't call for him just to mess with him. This was serious, most likely. If the cap was relying on him of all people, something had to be up. Something endangering the entire crew. In case anyone was keeping record, "the crew" included him as well. Also, did he say station? He had to go there himself? This was no joke. Refusal would be equal to desertion, and desertion meant...

He broke the silence. His cheerfully sarcastic attitude was gone instantly when he continued.

"Understood, Sir. I'm stopping by the med bay to get me some uppers. I'll be there on the double."

He pressed the button, and the room returned to full black once more, now devoid of the red lamp.

He was in some deep shit.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Blake tried hard, not to went to his cabin and punch him into his face. Not even Murasaki could create such a feeling of hate in him.
{Obviously that idiot understood how important that mission is... and thinking of Murasaki...}

[Captain to the Doctor...]

[Sir?] Murasaki responded

[If Ensign De Ruyter comes to visit you, take care that he doesn't take his usual "extra" amount of "uppers"...]

[Captain, I would never give a crewmember more medicine than he ne...] the good Doctor wanted to reply, but was cut of by Blake

[Doctor, I know of your... "special treatments" for friends... We need him with his head and mind clear. Got it?]

[Understood. Murasaki out.]

{Fine, fine... lets hope he wouldn't be too pissed of now...} the Captain thought and then continued his way to the bridge.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

[ Place holder will post in detail... when done writing. ]
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

-----------------time-3h to the briefing---------------

Kvasir Rockwool went down officers chambers, reaching first officers doors he hit it few times.

Hearing knocking to the doors Hadrid turned from what he was doing to thew doors.

[ENTER!]

Doors opened and Rockwool went inside.

[Hey you are not sleeping? I brought you second bolt in case of....] Kvasir lost his tongue seeing Hadrid in combat armor.

[You have been holding back on me bastard!] he placed bolt on the table and approached commander closer.

[That's why you needed so much flexible integrated circuits! How long did you design it?]

[since third year on academy.]

[Wow I don't know what to say. You told me many times you don't like designing such things. A combat skin NICE! Can compare to Mars prototype?]

[Never see any of these there. And it's not combat skin but ...let's call it 'hard dropsuit' for time being. Yes I don't like designing small things but made a promise.]

[To whom? Nerveless nice. Probably you made it from top materials as usually.]

[I tell you later. Yea and it cost me a lot...]

[But the result is....astonishing! How you feel inside it?]

[Conformable.]

[You need to give me specification! Are you going in it to combat? It's not ....to risky?]

[This armor provides 65% more protection from outside dangers while our marine suits have only 35%. I checked things several times I'm good.]

[If you say so.] Kvasir gave Hadrid a hand. [Good luck friend! I will make sure ships is battle ready when you are gone.]

[You too Kvasir.] Hadrid shaken hand

---------------------------------------------t-30min launch bay--------------------

Hadrid sat at crates next to prepared shuttle. He was in his new combat armor, his helmet laying next to him on crate and large bag laying on the floor. He had already SMG and his revolver holstered on armor.

He waited for his team to assemble... still 30 minutes to the briefing...
SpoilerShow
how armor look like:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... sault3.png with closed wedge visor
POST 34
Last edited by Beliskner on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

{Sorry.. this is not short!}

Over the next three days...

To the Humans...

The Loroi Teidar Sezon, Sonnidezzi is seemingly constantly busy onboard the Cydonia. She is a marvel organizing training and logisitics with the human military officer's she expends almost every waking moment in either debriefing with them on the Umiak military capabilities and tactics or drilling her Loroi Soroin in conjunction with the Human marines for both to gain a comfortable familiarity with their respective fighting techniques and squad tactics of the two VERY Martial Species. She seems to have an unlimited amount of energy to multi-task with her Loroi and slowly gains the same with the human marines as well.

In the drills... the threat of just what Sonnidezzi is capable of is revealed for all to see in frightening clarity! She insists on the human soldiers having a clear understanding of what she can do... though all are left with the subtle sensation she is being Very judicious as to showing them what she wants them to know but not truly ALL she can do! However, what is demonstrated in drill and combat simulation is nothing short of SPECTACULAR! She can hurl powerful bolts of charged lightning at single targets or fill and entire 20 meter wide room with arcing deadly lightning! She has... seemingly, uncontestable control of ANY electrical powered device! Sonni can erect a dual barrier of electromagnetic and or telekinetic force that can turn high-velocity projectiles, blaster bolts AND the field is air tight! But that does not take into effect her powerful telekinetic abilities either! With her mind alone she can hurl a 500kg object with deadly precision and force... literally tear doors or machinery out of their moorings or apart with only her if she desired. It is a "simple" feat for her to fly in the air with her mind telekinetically lifting herself with more than a full G of acceleration if she so chooses. One thing is noted... the Teidar halts her exercises and psionic manifestations many times claiming to be tired from her efforts... so it is comforting to know that she exerts herself to do these phenomenal effects of psionic power - putting some limit as to how long she can manifest these effects! However, those who closely watch and try to account for her psionic effects quickly realize she shows no physical symptoms of exhaustion... so it is more likely she is resting at irregular intervals to give the humans no clear understanding of her true limits on how long she can maintain these manifestations.

Sonni insists on the humans getting use to her more than destructive psionic displays of eletrokinetic and telekinetic power so there are no surprises in combat that could be fatal.

To those in the field of science, her manifestations of psionic power literally boggle the mind! Where is the energy coming from? Her manifestation's break ALL the laws of thermal-dynamics and conservation of energy that human science has come to think of as involate! Sonni's abilities are nothing short of pure MAGIC as far as science is concerned and the fact that the Loroi admit to having Millions of these Teidar capable of the same feats or greater even... puts true Fear in their minds about what it means to be the enemy of the Loroi!

Very few human crewmen look upon being in the same room with the pretty petite blonde-haired Sonnidezi in the same light as before realizing - now, she is VERY Dangerous and always lethally armed... weapon or no!

There is one thing to note that seems... odd. No Loroi attempt to make ANY mental contact with the Human soldiers even if requested.. and all such requests are directed to the Diplomat Mizol Twilightsaber. The individual Loroi are utterly silent on the matter and do not discuss why they refrain from attempting mental contact.

As for the military soldiers of the Cydonia... the Loroi Squad Tactics and Precision Execution is nothing short of miraculous! They act like a singular being each one of them in a squad performing their task and required duty with a timing and precision that is just Unbelievable! The Loroi with their constant telepathy with each other are never confused in battle they always know where each other is... and eerily they are utterly silent... not even having to look at each other to 'just know' when and where to act in squad action drills. The Loroi strangely, are seemingly disconcerted by the human troops they work with though. Almost like constantly being on edge around them for some inscrutable reason. It is slow at first and Very Awkward for the Soroin that Sonnidezzi is training but, eventually new instincts in dealing with human troops slowly develops into a passable teamwork.

To the Loroi...

It is clear that Sonnidezzi's mother, Soshret Lomisonni ‘Bright-Storm’ of Torrai caste - her heritage is shining through in her daughter Sonnidezzi! Sonni takes to the role of leadership and administration with a hidden talent that none had ever thought she possessed! Sonni is a flurry of activity training the four Soroin that she plans on taking on the assault mission with Sun Bloom and Thoughtvenom into the Humaniti space station. It is trail and error getting them all use to the oddity of operating with humans... the first and only species the Loroi can't constantly detect with their minds! The fact that the Loroi cannot sense human minds is a difficult hurdle to overcome and Sonni drills over and over again with the Loroi Soroin to get them use to using their eyes to monitor their human allies locations and not rely on their mental signature sensing to keep track of them.

Sonnidezzi... has always been a subordinate. True, a highly capable lieutenant to those in Command but, she has always been merely a go between with the lower ranks herself and those in actual Command of a combat operation. Her great psionic power and skill has always usually gotten her a role as a... "capable and powerful lieutenant kept close for added firepower" by her Field Commanders. So Sonni has never - herself been tasked with actually taking command and making tactical decision and policy directives... all on her own; rather than have such given to her by those of higher rank or influence. True, all officers are trained in command... but her natural talents were always passed over by those with a less controversial reputation or more social prestige.

But now... it was her task, her in command of the military deployment and training... she was even somewhat surprised how... 'natural' it felt to take charge and be allowed to do so! Yes, Sun Bloom was the overall commander, but the commander was not the one who executed tactical deployment of a conflict - the field Commanders did so...

And surprisingly, especially to her... Sonnidezzi was good at it! Her mother's Torrai heritage not as absent as her mother had led Sonni to believe.

GAME STATS -
Spending Experience Points...
Aura of Inspiration/1 - Military Science 'Teamwork' {4pts}
Military Science +1Lvl {2pts} and +2 specializations [Strategy and Teamwork {+1pt}
total: 7pts spent

Sonni works hard constantly organizing the Loroi to support the efforts of the Union in conjunction with their new Humaniti Allies. She keeps constant drills and reminders to maintain telepathic secrecy about the Loroi inability to telepathically contact human minds, all the while organizing her crewsisters to learn as much about the human crew and culture as possible. Sonni also makes sure every crewsister takes some time - everyday to report their findings to the Listel so they have as much of a complete picture of the human social structure and motivations as possible.

During the three days Sonni picks two Soroin to cross-train in piloting the Loroi shuttle so that task is not completely upon her shoulders... as there are also no Tenion caste survivors from the Argent Fire.

Breakdown of Loroi Castes survivors -

6 Listel
7 Doranzer
8 Soroin
0 Tenoin
1 Teidar
8 Mizol
0 Torrai

Daily Sonni is scheduling combat training for ALL the Crewsisters... not just the Soroin... given the extreme conditions it is necessary! No one can foresee what events the Loroi may be required to deal with as they make their way to human space. As always...Sonnidezzi is thinking ahead.

As for Sonni's preparations for the assault... she requests one of the Dorazer Caste to upgrade and boost some aspects of her Teidar Psi-amplifier... added mind shielding and a 'Manifester-focus' for Offensive Sending... a talent that Sonni herself has not specialized in. There are just not enough resources to make a fully weaponized Manifester-Focus for Offensive Sending... the best that can be arranged is a 'mind-blow' Stunner effect. But Sonni will take what she can get as this weapon is to allow her to battle and hopefully subdue the captive Loroi in psychic combat without killing them - if possible.

However, such a radical and admittedly 'make-shift' alteration of Sonni's amplifier is untested and will subject Sonnidezzi to the risk of potential psychic trauma as her telepathic talents will be boosted and forced to manifest an effect she is not skilled enough to do herself... but it is a necessary weapon if the Loroi captive tries to psychically attack the rescue Team. None of the Crewsister is very skilled at psychic combat... a weakness that would be fatal is attacked with no way to strike back or but only partially defend. It is a last resort if all other means to stop the loroi captive are exhausted short of killing them. A little psychic trauma is something Sonni is willing to risk to save a captive of The Enemy!

GAME STATS -
PSI Amplifier Helmet = Power Variation, Lvl 3 {Environmental Influence, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Weapon} - 24 Variation Power Points <VPP>; Total Cost: {12pts}
Modifications:
- Telepathy Can only add 2 Lvls from Psi-Amp, but now Mind Shield Adds +1 Lvl
- Environmental Influence Can now only Add 2 Lvls from Psi-Amp, but Sonni gains a new Weapon Attack...
{Offensive Sending} Weapon-Alternate [Deplete -1, Backlash 'Psychic Trauma' -2 {Soul TN# 12 or double energy cost & possible memory loss, disorientation} ] = Lvl2 <8pts>, Psychic - no Armor/FF <+6>, Range/3 [1km] <+3>, Stun - Cannot kill target only render unconscious <+1>; {8pts ‘half-cost’}
- Variation Power Points <VPP>, reduced to 16points available

Every evening, Sonnidezzi makes time to share a private dinner report session with Sun Bloom and the remaining... or now Newly appointed Officers of Sun Bloom's command. At the first evenings conclusion when all reports are done and the crewsisters file out to their sleeping units Sonni stays to discuss... 'darker matters' with her now Torret Soroin... Sun Bloom...
SpoilerShow
"You have a right to know these secret directives my Torret... I hope you understand my opinion of these directives is not an issue.. but I personally do not agree with the scope of some of them.. but that will not affect my implementation of them should they be necessary. Spirits preserve I can find a way to make the ones I find distasteful be avoided."

"But everything is duty... as you well know...crewsister."

1. Secure any and all Loroi tech from falling into human hands AT ANY COST! {The Loroi edge is their technical superiority... against a race they cannot detect with their farseers.. they MUST NOT be allowed to become a technological threat in ANY FASHION...or all of the Loroi defenses are worthless!}

2. Confirm that ALL humans possess the Lotai and that Captain Jardin is not a unique anomaly among their race.

3. Since Telepathy will not work on humanity find out if they can be emotionally or mentally manipulated in other subtle ways.

4. Find out if Humanity has had any contact with the Umiak, and if they are seeking contact with the Umiak... use every means necessary to find out the nature of that contact or attempts at contact and sabotage them to FAIL - using ANY MEANS DEEMED NECESSARY!!! {The Umiak must NOT make contact or form any alliance with Humanity... any means including self destruction of mission is authorized to keep this from happening!}

5. Find out the location of the Humanity colonies and find out the location of their homeworld - Earth.

6. DO NOT ALLOW ANY Loroi to jeapordize the completion of directives 1-5! Elimination by death if needed to make sure this mission is not threatened is fully sanctioned and authorized!

7. Do not allow any Loroi on the diplomatic mission to be captured by Umiak or any other hostile or potentially hostile species that might learn of the mission's purpose to contact humaniti and the lotai ability of humans to hide from Loroi farseers! ANY MEANS NECESSARY are authorized to keep this from happening!

8. Get an as accurate as possible disposition of humaniti technology and combat readiness of their military space forces.

9. Find out if there is any way to breach humaniti lotai... any measures deemed needed are authorized.

10. Conceal your directives as long as mission possible share them only freely with the Argent Fire Commander... as you deem the necessity. {Allow no interference in the acquisition of your mission directives.. reveal or conceal your directives as needed to assure they are achieved!

"These directive come directly from 'Stillstorm'... and are a heavy burden that .. I'm grateful to share with thee knowing from what I've seen of your capabilities and insight... I could find no better one to trust in confidence these... 'weighty matters'. Twilightsaber has not been made aware of these as yet either... I leave it to your discretion as to what you choose to reveal . In ALL things - I await your orders... My Torret!"

To Charlie...

{Music} Getting...personal...
To the human crew there can be no doubt that Charlie Aldridge and Sonnidezzi are 'an item'. But Sonni keeps it low key, that plus her self-imposed Very Demanding work schedule keep her busy with little time for anything more. Every day she meets Charlie for lunch in the mess hall. She spends this time to talk to him about her home, her warrior society { trans: 'family' } - 'Sun Siren', and her homeworld, Maia, and its beautiful flowing hills of waist high brown grasses blowing in sun warm breezes. She smiles sadly, relating how as a child she would run naked for miles in those rolling hills of endless grass plains letting the plant leaves brush her bare flanks... and how she misses such... simple pleasures of youth before she took her assigned caste and rank in the war. She speaks of the worlds she's seen in her travels and asks the same of him... while eating her daily rations over lunch a brief break from her hectic day. To all observers there is nothing more than this... but the whole time she holds Charlie's hand flesh to flesh across the table as they speak.

Her presence fills his senses, her touch something heaven sent as she reaches out to him mentally not probing... but touching. His feelings of being alone banished with her lovely presence in his mind and in his senses. To Charlie there can be no doubt of the growing love she feels for him.

She speaks of her fears and of her difficult time and somewhat tarnished reputation as a lecherous soldier among the Loroi... a deep failing in the eyes of her mother. She explains she has ...never felt true love for anyone or been loved in return. Being in a telepathic society one is Never truly alone... but to feel loved is something more. The war makes everything so transient... she admits to have sought many lovers only to feel unfulfilled or worse to loose them before she really knew if what she felt was love. What she feels for Charlie she knows must be something different... she want him to stay and be a part of her life... and to never be parted from him. Such is NOT the Loroi way... 'attachment is discouraged'... but all the lovers she has embraced has only made her even more lonely and lost. Until she found Charlie. now she fears losing him as well...

To the Loroi Sonni shows a titanic amount of willpower as her emotions and building desires are hard to not notice... but equally so... Sonni feels the weight of responsibility her position as the only Teidar and the Field Commander of the upcoming joint mission - she must set an example of proper decorum and restraint that she expects the other Crewsisters to follow! So everyone is shocked when Sonni goes no further this brief daily intimate mental contact with her beloved Charlie. Though every evening as Sonni is in charge of making sure the Loroi energy weapons are secured in the weapons locker in the hanger bay after the day's practice and training by the Soroin Soldiers... Sonni and Charlie meet there for one passionate "good night", kiss before heading to their quarters.

The evening, the night before the next day's operation, Sonni arranges to take Charlie to her room... but just wants him to hold her for a hour or two as she sleeps in his arms embrace. There is no doubt to Charlie... she is offering no resistance should he seek more than a tender embrace for couple hours...

---------

30 min to Assault...

Stormrage was already in the shuttle with her four Soroin Loroi - Cloudsong{4000FF}, Ashe-eyes {808040}, Leaping-flame {FF0000}, and Yellow Sun {FFBF00}.

All the petite shapely Loroi were armored in their slate gray featureless space armor vacc-suits. There had been much debate about Yellow Sun participating in the assault her being a recent mother.. but of the Soroin available she was one of the most qualified for potential Zero-G ship boarding operations. It was only an issue to the human crew ... to the Loroi it was a matter of fact and not unusual at all for a Soroin mother to don armor and go to battle...loroi being very non-pragmatic about the whole mater.

But as Stormrage went through the normal checks of her crewsister's vaccuits to make sure their suits were sealed securely and gear stowed efficiently if she lingered just a slight bit longer to check Yellow Sun's rig and seal none of the Loroi nor Yellow Sun made any comment to the matter. They were arrayed into two-crew blaster weapon fire elements, Yellow Sun {rifle} and Ashe-Eyes {pistol} in one and Cloudsong {rifle} and Leaping Flame {pistol} in the latter. Each blaster pistol Soroin also bore a EVA Thruster pack and all of the Soroin bore a ornate Loroi combat knife...a VERY last resort! Sonnidezi made the final checks of their suits and weapons in silence as all loroi did things their telepathic conversations unheard by any of the human marines who watched them as they moved and checked each other's gear with a precision and lack of confusion that the human soldiers were beginning to envy.. no motion was wasted no one out of place.

The one oddity that struck all the humans dumb was the fact that the helms of the Loroi were specifically designed to scalloped open so their lustrous hair {already the subject of much envy from the female crew of the Cydonia} could be seen fringing their helms... a vanity thing? Who knew.. but it was... indeed odd and a testament to the alien nature of the Loroi.

Stormrage's armor was slightly different ..specifically the gauntlets of her combat vacc suit. Her hands were weapons apparently the heavily insulated gauntlets sporting discrete conducting surfaces that ...terrifyingly enough, amplified her powerful electrokinetic abilities and gave an expulsion point for her powers even while in her armored vacc-suit - in vacuum! All the human soldiers had seen her hurl bolts of lightning from those gauntlets to demonstrate just how much 'juice' she could produce. Even enough to stun a man in armored vacc-suit to a stupor from just a touch. It seemed that Everything the Loroi did was geared to warfare!

Invariably whenever the beautiful... super-powered Loroi Teidar came around, all human eyes began searching for Charlie Aldridge. Rumors were spreading like wildfire... about him and the dangerous alien woman. All too often the conversations straying to just how 'shocking' was she in bed.. with a lascivious hushed snicker... and none too small an interest in knowing the truth!

Sonnidezzi ignored curious human soldiers and their shifting glances and whispers snickers as she armed checked her own Blaster Pistol sidearm and positioned a Loroi battle blade over her back. The Loroi did not usual enguage Umiak in close quarters combat if it could at all be avoided... hardtroopers were Very durable and their cybernetic enchantments made such a martial attempt... foolish and ill-advised. But the martial tradition of hand to hand combat was hard to let go.. and still many Loroi carried their ornate blades... into battle. The one Sonni was carrying was not one of her Clan's blades but taken from the few that were available. At least it would make a useful projectile telekinetically driven through her foes!

Sanzaing...
SpoilerShow
{Sun Bloom my squad is assembled, all are on board and await you and Thoughtvenom to Arrive... }
[ P50; +1xp ]
Last edited by sunphoenix on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Malidasaria gathers her combat gear, then dons her armour and boards the shuttle, walking over to Sonnidezi and speaking telepathically, her voice unnaturally clear and tinged with the telltale growling buzz of barely-restrained power.

«I am here, Sezon. DEINAR PREVAILS.»
Don't delay, join today!

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezzi turns to the tall Soroin and her gaze softens slightly...

Replying in Sanzai, {"As always, dear sister... As Always...!"}

The shorter, petite Teidar checks over Malidasaria's Armor vacc suit seals, and the heft and balance of her combat rigged gear... noting her Blaster Rifle and Loroi Battle Blade were secure.

Sonni was more than sure Thoughtvenom was all set to go needing little recheck... but this was a formal politeness and attention to show her... Sonni was poignantly concerned about ALL her Crewsister's well-being and...her emotions showed she was.. at little nervous of her first Battlefield Combat Command as a Commander and not just a battle asset. The assault plan was hers... and her crewsisters would triumph or pay dearly if she failed to lead them well!

[ P51 ...great WWII plane by the way ]
Last edited by sunphoenix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 36

The days before the OP Green Light
SpoilerShow
The first real section of the Combined Ops Training was a debrief on Umiak, not what they were but how to fight them effectively. Hand to hand was out of the question, a man even in armor could be killed with a knife. Those things couldn`t. Still, the DU rounds, explosives and flame should all be fine... Probably.

Next was the demonstrations of Squad Level Tactics, it was vital that if the two races were to work together that they would be able to interpret each-others tactics thus avoiding friendly fire incidents.

They Humans squads performed as expected, excellent. The Loroi however, they moved somewhat like a synchronized swimming team. They seemed to have a sixth sense for what everyone else was doing, not really odd considering they did have a sixth sense. The strangest thing was it was all done silently, no orders, no observations, nothing. They must have shared information between each-other constantly, it was slightly disquieting. Charlie had seen that kind of level of teamwork before. Back in the day when Charlie was still a Tanker, there was a joint training exercise with Special Force Recces. They were completely silent as he drove them around in the simulated battlefield.
It made him uncomfortable, it reminded him of robots.
To Charlie anyway, all the joint training made it seem like war ran in Loroi veins, much the same as it did Human.

More spectacular was Sonni showing some of her telekinetic powers. Charlie was getting used to it by now, he after all, had seen the most of it. Yet, this was an order of magnitude greater than before. He found himself both frightened by the displays power and awed it`s natural beauty. It`s best described like a fire, dangerous, barely contained and yet some how, one could stare at a fire burning for a few hours and not get bored. She seemed powerful, graceful whenever she used any sort of metal power. Still she appeared to get tired out by it, which was strange, except for that time she had a head wound Charlie hadn`t seen her fatigued at all. Maybe it was some kind of placebo, maybe it made her mind tired which in turn made her body feel tired. It was hard to say really, it did make Charlie glad that she was on his side.

Charlie ate lunch with Sonni that first day of training, and proceeded to eat lunch with her everyday.
They sat alone together, Charlie may have sat alone anyway, it seemed that nobody want to be around him for some reason. It was most likely due to his seeming being around Sonni a lot. Lots of people thought something was happening, but nobody would have the guts to say something like that to his face. Well, maybe Anderson. And if the rank a file knew, it was a sure bet the Staff Sergeant knew. But he didn`t show it, but it was odd, Roland was quite direct person, maybe he was too much of a good guy and said nothing. Maybe he didn`t know anything at all and dismissed it as the usual baseless rumors. It made Charlie feel a little isolated. It was nice to have company, he really enjoy being around her anyway.
But Charlie still felt like he had a sign stuck to his back. The sign probably read;
Do not disturb.
Do not approach.
Do not stare.

Nobody dared or was even bothered to join them. It gave them a chance to talk about just about anything, and they did. Charlie learned more in those lunch meetings than by just observation of Loroi in general. In particular their family system was difficult to understand. They had mothers and fathers just like Humans, and he knew from experience in the Medbay that babys came from the same place, although he only had a decent view of his boots, he was sure of that much. But Nurse Costello assured him later that everything was "the same". Even though they had mothers and fathers it seems like they are all orphans. Taken away to some government orphanage and given two choices.
1. Join the army.
2. Join the army.

Still, family is family. There`s are different types, as they seem close to their "sisters". Throughout most of lunch they had hold hands. It wasn`t something did out of hand, Charlie knew others could see, if they bothered to look, he just didn`t care. Maybe Loroi can turn off this power, but whenever his skin made contact with hers, something happened. At first it had been frighting, scary and mostly a fatiguing experience. It was confusing and hard to sift through what was happening. It had happened a few times since then, each time it was less scary and confusing. It was actually pleasant, very much so.

If Charlie closed his eyes, his brain told him she was still holding his hand and sitting across from him. But it also somehow said she was sitting right next to him, on both sides. It also somehow registered that she was there in his mind with him. A warm light, light that had weight and density. Form and structure, but at the same time it didn`t. If light had meaning, this light was kind, gentle and caring. It also had a familiar feeling about it, a feeling his himself could identify, it felt the same feeling in his chest near his heart.

It wasn`t all serious though, Charlie had a chuckle when she described running naked through tall grass when she was younger. Charlie had to try and explain the joke. There were still places in South Africa that were just grass. But whatever grass she ran though wasn`t the same as veld. Veld grass was rough and abrasive. It would be worse more men, with everything just hanging out, it wouldn`t be fun running through all that. She didn`t really understand, but it didn`t matter. Charlie learned a lot of "Maia", it seemed a lot like Earth, a nice place. She told him of other worlds too, Charlie didn`t really have the same experience having only ever lived on Earth and trained a little on the Moon. But it was nice to hear of all the places she had being too.

Charlie had done similar things, back when he was a Tanker, Skinny dipping was a test of courage. Mainly it took guts because it was done at night, in peoples pools while they were unawares.

Charlie told her most of his history. How is family had migrated from England hundredes of years of ago to South African to become Gold Miners. And when the Gold ran out they became Land Owners, they remained wealthy ever since. His farther had meet his mother when he need an account to do the books on the all properties.
There wasn`t even that much, went to School, joined the army, went to university, got selected for the TCA. But she was curious to everything, not unexpected considering he was the same. Charlie tried to tell her as much as possible about Earth and her peoples. All of the different languages and customs of the different peoples, it was a lot of information, more than could be touched on in a few lunches. He also tried to tell her about all the different types of biomes and animals.

It was surprising to hear that Sonni had anything like some kind of bad reputation. Loroi Military must take a much grimmer view of such things. TCA wasn`t much different, on paper anyway. In practice however, it was more of a don`t do anything stupid kind of policy. If it was mostly quiet, low key and didn`t bother anyone, it was ignored, to a degree anyway. Everybody has a hobby.

It showed a measure of trust that she'd been willing to speak about something like that. Charlie could share at least some of the sentiment, he'd have been broken up on the inside if he thought his own dad saw him as a failure. It was the reason he did anything originally, he went to the same school, joined the army, attended the same university and would have gone on to become an Officer in the SANDF if he hadn`t joined the TCA, in honesty Charllie didn`t want to be an Officer. But he would have to make is farther proud. Whatever the reason for starting out with Military Service, Charlie genuinely enjoyed the discipline that it brought. Charlie could understand a little of want she felt about it, and therefore didn`t press to hard.

Charlie still found it hard to grasp Loroi`s concept of aloneness, they didn`t seem to really have it. All due to their telepathic natures. Humans could still feel very alone even when surrounded by dozens of people. He did fully understand her desire to find someone, someone who cares. Deep down everybody feels the same. Everybody was looking for somebody.

She explained that she'd tried and failed to find what she was looking for, every time she though she'd found something it turned at it wasn`t or before she could find out war might take them away. It wasn`t an enviable existence, to lose people to war or get pushed away. Charkie didn`t understand completely, he'd never been looking for anybody, he'd just been doing what he thought would make his farther proud. He'd just been working towards that goal, he'd never really given much thought to anything else. He understood the attachments thing, it would be a problem if a Marine would pick a friend over the mission, with stronger feeling missions would get troublesome. Understanding wasn`t the same as agreeing, Charlie couldn`t pick the mission over one he knew. It was one of the reasons he was unlikely to ever be a good Officer, he found it too hard to make the hard choices. It would be hard to lose a friend, and harder to lose someone like Sonni. It was making the upcoming mission difficult, it was making Charlie nervous. It was funny, but Charlie still got tense anytime he was close to Sonni.

And thats how to went, day in, day out. Train hard, enjoy lunch, train hard again. And once in the evening, if spaceships had such a thing, they were conveniently alone. Alone enough that he felt a lot more at ease, they often talked a little more. And when it was time to part ways, they did so tenderly.

Things were a lot more subdued the day more the Op was to take place. Nerves mostly, these kinds of Assault Boarding were very risky. You would either repel the Boarding party or if you did not intend to surrender you scuttle the ship. A Human Captain might surrender, whatever passed for an Umiak Captain wouldn`t, Loroi doctrine was clear on that much. Even if they didn`t detonate the ship, close quarters fighting like was brutal. The likely vicious fighting was likely to claim more than a few lives. Nobody was truly afraid, but the truth was it wasn`t going to be easy.

Charlie found himself taking Sonni back to her quarters, he felt tired, she seemed tired. They were both quiet, both thinking about things. Charlie didn`t want to lose anybody, but it might be unavoidable. Fatalities might be high tomorrow, perhaps Sonni was thinking the same. Charlie didn`t bother to ask. It didn`t surprise him that the walk was over so quickly, given the Training Hall and Guest Quarters proximity. It wasn`t enough time to muse over anything really.

Charlie had taken her as far as her room, she surprised him by asking if he want to come in. Charlie followed with out any hesitation. She went to her bed and sat down on the edge. She looked a little more tired than usual, clearly, events had be weighing on everyone heavily recently. Not really knowing what was bothering her or what to do, Charlie was left standing there like a statue. Not knowing what else to do, he gathered up his courage and approached. He sat the on the bed next to her and put his arm around her shoulder. Even though his jump suit she felt cold, it took a moment for his brain to register this was normal. She didn`t push him away, she seemed happy with it. It wasn`t all the comfortable sit up like that for a long time, Charlie leaned back to lay down he pulled Sonni down as well. She didn`t resist, the bed wasn`t that big, so he pulled her close too. Neither said anything, it was a quiet gentle moment that may as well have lasted forever. It was honestly the closest he'd been to her, It was a little cold though, but he didn`t mind. The smell of her hair was hard not to notice, he wondered if it was natural like that. It smelled practically the same since he first smelled it. He felt heavy, tired, his eyes started to close. His eyes opened again sometime later, Sonni was still where she had been, pulled close to him. He knew he had fallen asleep, but for how long? He didn`t move, at all, he didn`t want to wake her up if she was sleeping. He guessed from her breathing she was sleeping, he turned his head slowly as possible to see the clock.
Two hours forty minutes plus change he'd been sleeping. Charlie just lay there thinking about everything. Sonni came to mind first, she definitely meant a lot to him, almost everything actually. But those thoughts brought up darker ones.
Questions of loyalty.
Would he choose her over the mission if it came to that? Or worse if a Human friend was in trouble and so was she, then what?
Charlie didn`t have answers.
He spent more minutes just pondering what he'd do, not finding and real answers it anything.
He did know one thing, he would do his utmost to keep her safe. He'd only known her for a few days, but it felt real, and thats all that is important really. He knew she was sleeping, or he whispered as softly as he could.
"I know you've been hurt before, so I won`t run away and I'll do my best not to die. It might not last forever, or for even very long. But as long as it does, I'll do everything I can to keep you safe and happy."
With that he tried to free himself, she was almost holding on in her sleep. Charlie found it endearing. But with gentle effort he'd freed himself without waking her. There was a spare blanket in the storage cupboard. He didn`t know if Loroi got cold in there sleep or even used blankets, but he felt cold, so he covered her with it. He got as far as the door before looking back, just to make sure she was still sleeping. He left the room without noise, silently as a ghost. Luckily the hall was clear, see his chance he crept towards Crew Quarters. He made it to his own bunk, there were people still awake doing their own things, reading and such. Charlie fell into his own bed, fatigue was starting to set in, but his mind didn`t want to sleep. he stayed up the entire night looking at the ceiling, pondering the world.
T-Minus 30 Mikes to Assault
Charlie had eaten little breakfast, he wasn`t hungry, he did have two of coffee and he figured it would be good enough. He wasn`t feeling rested at all and this was making it worse.

Charlie shouted again, his mood worsening.
"HARRIS! WHERE ARE YOU DAMMIT!"
The shouting was meaningless, Corporal Harris was simply not here.
Turning on some of the other Corporals like some fearsome beast.
Where is Harris? Suit up was twenty minutes ago! Where is that fool?"Charlie sighed in defeat, none of them had the slightest clue. It wouldn`t be do anyone any good if they were down a man before even starting. Giveing up for the time being Charlie turned to see what the Loroi were doing. The Humans must look silly, shouting and making noise because someone was late. They worked to their tasks, gearing up in silence. Charlie had to remind himself once again that is normal for them, he still found it unsettling. The worst part was they even geared up that one Loroi whom had a child. Yellow Sun, she'd had a child Amber Eyes, maybe. It didn`t seem right, if she was killed, the baby would be orphaned. He remembered that their children were basically orphaned anyway, though, sent away to a government training camp. Even so, it send callous to send the new mother to fight. They did their checks, like robots, there was no messing around. Nothing out of place, much like a drill team. Strange that they left there hair to flow free. A fashion statement? A scare tactic? Was it more comfortable?
"We're Loroi, and we are killing you. Fear our flowing hair!"
Charlie mused over it for a second, before seeing Sonni. He instantly beamed a smile on seeing her, and with no helmet on it was a very visible smile. It was an easy smile to track with line of sight alone, and it drew snickers and quiet laughs along with soft conversation. TCA Rumor Service was at it again. Charlie turned his is to face his annoying enemies. His glare that his shot them was as deadly as Plasma. It might have killed them where they stood, if they were not armored. They cleverly quieted down, unwilling to face yet more wrath. He turned back to the Loroi section, there were no snickers this time.
{Good, they fear me enough not to laugh at me... while in front of me.}
He hadn`t seen her since last night and wanted to speak to her, but he didn`t have the time. He needed to find Staff Sergeant Roland, and find Harris.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

In the days before the assault, Nelopaio spends nearly the entirety of her time brushing up on skills she'd had little use for in some time, or in organizing her crewsisters for the upcoming assault. Longarms, zero gravity techniques and old infantry training methodologies are all brought to the fore as the former Teidar sets to reawakening those once well honed skills... Pushing herself for as much as eighteen hours a day, she allots herself little time to rest, instead being involved in as much as she can...

Her reaction to the orders is a simple one after hearing them... She nods at Sonnidezi and sends a brief Sanzai
SpoilerShow
{Thank you, Sonni... For now, we'll keep these between us. Some are... Indeed, distasteful, but, for the moment, don't present any major difficulties that I can forsee. We'll both be on our guard for a change in that. Remember though... Stillstorm is NOT the entirety of the Torrai Command... In fact, she's not even senior among them, merely one whose reputation carries a great deal of weight... So I'm wondering what the rest of Command will think of all this when it comes to light, if she hasn't gotten their permission... You know how they love their politics at times. Regardless, I'll do anything I can to assist in carrying them out, that I give you my word on... As well as find ways around any issues that arise.} she sends, her minds tone mild, laced with the typical 'static' of her sendings. She feels pleased, more at ease with her executive officer, thereafter...
Regardless, she takes the time to speak with Ensign Cho, as promised... Nothing of diplomacy or tactics... Just seeking to strengthen what she feels to be a fledgling bond to the shy human officer. Perhaps it's a means to an end? Perhaps not... It's hard to tell, but her efforts are entirely genuine in their intent. Unlike some of her sisters, she has an amiable, almost cordial attitude towards the humans she now finds herself dealing with... Yet it's offset by some of what they see... An expert martial artist, able marksman and tactician, she clearly takes her duties seriously, leaving no room for doubt as to her purpose and substance, and no doubt that she's drawn blood and taken lives, Umiak and others, in the past... It's in the eyes, deep within those amethyst eyes.

On the cusp of the assault, Nelopaio quickly straps herself into her combat gear, a prepratory symphony of rehearsed clicks and snaps that seems to come back to her instinctively. Checking the charge on her pistol, and that her oddly un-Loroi looking dagger is at her side, she further arms herself with an energy rifle, double checking that the more powerful assault weapon, with which she's been training for the last three days to recover her skills in it's use, is charged and ready.

Looking over at Sonnidezi as she takes her place, she nods once, speaking instead of sending, at first, "Lead us on to victory, sister." Then sending thereafter, tightly between the two of them...
SpoilerShow
{They're as ready as they can be... You've done well. All that's left is to see it through. I'll be right beside you, sister, no matter what.} comes through surprisingly clear, the ring of solid trust unmistakable in the undertone.
((Will post her XP expenditures in OOC tomorrow night. Long day, and it's gonna get longer XD.))

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

In Reply to Nelopaio {The Evening Discussion}:
SpoilerShow
"...too true, 'Nelo'. but If I know Stillstorm... she will drive the fact down Torrai Command and the Diadem Council's throats that it was on HER Command Watch that first contact with such a potentially threatening Species was made contact with and that her first impressions will be the best ones - for all the political clout it will afford her!"

"I'm just glad I'm not involved in THAT battle of Egos!"
------

Onboard the Shuttle {Charlie's "Angel"}:
Sonnidezzi is situating her Sororin Troopers when Sergeant Charles Aldridge arrives she does not at first notice... hard to tell the large hulking human males apart in their Vaccum Space Armor and with no mental indication of their presence... it was something odd for the Loroi to get use to. The Idea that some being could actually sneak up on them... was startling to say the least!

But when Charlie turning he gaze upon the petite 'all-business' Loroi Teider and smiled... it was if suddenly the sun was shining on her as his gaze and smile caught her attention. Turning she locked eyes with him and unbidden a gentle smile graced her own lovely visage.

Her eyes were drawn to the snickering soldiers at his back and so she looks away but her smile remained.. gentle and thoughtful

At Nelopaion's arrival and spoken words of supposrt, Sonnidezzi striaghtened her posture and the nature of her smile changed... slightly as a silent interchange took place that none save the Loroi could hear... as she also field checks the seals on her commander's vacuum armor and checks to secure her combat rig a respectful formality ...

In Sanzai...
SpoilerShow
{"You Honor me Greatly.. My Torret. Your faith in me will NOT be unfounded! I am Unsheathed... Always!"}
Then Sonnidezzi turns and strides up to Sergeant Aldridge... a twinkle of great affection in her pretty green eyes, and in a Very Human Gesture she Salutes... crisply reporting, "Loroi Union Soroin and Teidar assembled and at the Quick, Sergeant!"

"I will be leading... Loroi 'fire team' Dark with Yellow Sun and Ashe-Eyes, while Nelopaio will be leading Loroi 'fire team' Bright with Malidasaria, Leaping Flame and Cloud Song. Please assign three of your Marines to accompany me in 'fire team' Dark and two to accompany Nelopaio 'fire team' Bright. We will also need to know which of the Marines is in command of their soldiers assigned to our 'fire teams' so Nelo and I can coordinate our efforts with them and your field commander. This is only if tactically we see the need to split into separate fire teams to hit multiple objectives on the station simultaneously. I want your human troops to have some Loroi energy weapons to support their efforts against the Umiak equivalent weapons and armor should we need to assault from multiple fronts. Of course... your human Commander is overall field command of any assault objectives decided upon out of respect for the sovereignty of your station and potential Human survivors. The Loroi Union stands ready to support your efforts against our mutual Enemy!"

Her tone is all serious, but still that sparkle of affection meant only for Charlie twinkles warmly in her emerald gaze... her smile unfading...

[ P52 ]
Last edited by sunphoenix on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Michael enters the Hangar bay, a bit later then the Marines. Since taking the Uppers, he's been alerter. The bags under his eyes have greatly reduced, though they are certainly still visible. The unshaven stubble could have been charming to some, but it was clear to any who took a good look he was no marine. Not scarred enough, not bulky enough... His uniform was different, too. What he was wearing was in fact a Marine lookalike. It was made of lighter, inferior materials and offered less protection. Not that it would have been a match for Loroi or Umiak weaponry, anyway. The difference was pronounced to a trained observer. No marine would look at him and see him as one of them.

He sighed as he saw the shuttle. This was going to be interesting in a very bad way. He was perfectly comfortable with the financial and military elite. Grunts, however...

He entered the shuttle, trying not to draw too much attention to himself, and counted the seconds until his luck began to ran out. The urge to open his Personal Computer was increasing by the second, too. it was a great way to give away an aura of "I am Intel. I don't talk to grunts, I talk to officers."

He sighed, depressed by his luck today, and then saw a Loroi stand somewhere in front of him, looking at a Marine.

So his colleagues hadn't been shitting him after all... But he expected something more. He's seen women in Grey armor before. Though admittedly they weren't blue.

It was interesting, Anyhow. It gave him a feeling that he was part of history. The mission suddenly didn't look so bad. Except for the horrible feeling of impending death and the distinct instinct to run for his life.

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

His briefing assimilated, gear for an assault mission now strapped to his armor, and enough spare clips for his weapons to fight an extended engagement tucked into his kit bag, Roland double timed it from the armory to the Hanger deck.

He tested his command links to make sure his system was synched properly to the marines, and officers aboard the shuttle pinging their transponders one at a time to confirm the system was reading their positions correctly.
"Marines this is Roland, sound off condition, position, and sound like you have a pair. You drop the ball on this run marines and If the Bugs don't get you I will, double check all gear, and make sure you have your assault gear in proper order."

"Charlie, I'm coming along on this one after all I sweet talked the doc into an early release, after all a bump on the head is a non critical wound for a marine."
He sounded a little embarrassed at being taken out of action by his own clumsiness." Commander Ferox, any instructions from on high?"

He checked his own gear yet again then began to move through the marines doing a visual inspection of their gear as well as checking the status of their electronics and on board systems. It was the thousandth time he had ran through the checks and preflight routine, but this one was special they would be engaging an unknown alien force, of capabilities on the Loroi knew to any degree.
Feeling the need to remind the grunts what was at stake Roland hit the all channel tab, letting everyone on the shuttle and marine channels ship wide hear him.

" We're up against the troops of a major power in the galaxy this time. What we show these bugs will be their first impression of Marines. Lets make sure they know we were in the fight at the end of the day. Win, loose, or draw, we have to hit these bugs hard enough to make them know they can count on a fight from the marines."

"Remember your training, keep your head, and fight like a damn marine and these Shell headed bastards will know Humanity isn't going to roll over and die for them...if they want to kill us, if they want to wipe us out, then they better plan on one hell of a fight...You hear me Marines!!!."

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 37

Sonni strode closer to Charlie, looking the part of a confident commander. She surprised him greatly by saluting. It reminded Charlie of the first time he saw her, he'd done the same thing.
"Loroi Union Soroin and Teidar assembled and at the Quick, Sergeant!"

Charlie had practice when it came to Officers, this wasn`t quite the same but he'd be as prim and proper if it was. He cracked is helmet, and came to attention. Saluting and beaming a happy smile.
"Duly noted, Teidar Stormrage."

"I will be leading... Loroi 'fire team' Dark with Yellow Sun and Ashe-Eyes, while Nelopaio will be leading Loroi 'fire team' Bright with Malidasaria, Leaping Flame and Cloud Song. Please assign three of your Marines to accompany me in 'fire team' Dark and two to accompany Nelopaio 'fire team' Bright. We will also need to know which of the Marines is in command of their soldiers assigned to our 'fire teams' so Nelo and I can coordinate our efforts with them and your field commander. This is only if tactically we see the need to split into separate fire teams to hit multiple objectives on the station simultaneously. I want your human troops to have some Loroi energy weapons to support their efforts against the Umiak equivalent weapons and armor should we need to assault from multiple fronts. Of course... your human Commander is overall field command of any assault objectives decided upon out of respect for the sovereignty of your station and potential Human survivors. The Loroi Union stands ready to support your efforts against our mutual Enemy!"

"At the moment there are two human Squads, I lead one and Staff Sergeant Roland leads another, Lieutenant Commander Ferox is in overall command of the Human forces. I know the LC will love having extra fire power. I don`t know what kind of split forces the commander`s thinking about, but I'll get him to let you know. Don`t worry though, he's a great commander."

He beamed an reassuring smile as possible to her.

"Marines this is Roland, sound off condition, position, and sound like you have a pair. You drop the ball on this run marines and If the Bugs don't get you I will, double check all gear, and make sure you have your assault gear in proper order."

Charlie made one last check of his own gear, everything looked good, it was all locked up and ready. He didn`t bother checking his weapon, he had all but checked the paint right of it. He was as ready as possible. Charlie wasn`t surprised to hear was here, he was a tough man, and he had already heard from Nurse Costello that he would be able to come along, still he was glad he friend was here.
"This is Aldridge, my pair is dropped and ready! I'm in the shuttle with the allied forces."

"Charlie, I'm coming along on this one after all I sweet talked the doc into an early release, after all a bump on the head is a non critical wound for a marine."
He sounded a little embarrassed at being taken out of action by his own clumsiness. Charlie might have guess he felt foolish about getting a bump of the head, honestly it could have happened to anyone. But, it remained a exceedingly rare opportunity to burn his friend. He switched to the private command channel.
"What do you mean; for a Marine? It would be a critical wound for me, I use my head..."
He chuckled at that last bit, letting Roland know they were still vitriolic best buds, and that he glad he was here too.

Roland`s word were definitely the right ones, they set a fire under all of the Marines. Charlie wanted nothing more than to grind the Umiak scum into nothing under his boot and pay them back for whomever was on that station.
"YES, SIR!"
It was the best he could do to show his readiness. But throughout the check though Charlie had noticed an Ensign, the Ensign whom he did not know was most assuredly not suppose to be here. It was probably another one come to take media of the Loroi. Which might have been fine ordinarily, however, this was a combat op which was getting close to go time.

Approaching the errant Ensign, Charlie challenged him.
"Ensign, what are you doing? This area is for Op personal only. You had better clear off before the Commander or Staff Sergeant see you, they'll eat you alive."
Charlie tried to be as intimidating as possible, technically he was speaking to an officer, but no one would bother over such a minor detail this close to a combat op. Still, officers were officers. This however, Ensign wasn`t that big, smaller even that Coporal Ice Queen. Charlie couldn't blame the man for wanting media, but this wasn`t the time.
Last edited by Charlie on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Great. A grunt with a pair of eyes. Just what he needed.

Luckily for Michael, he was hopped up on the heaviest stims this side of the galaxy, in a very bad mood and above all, looking like a complete trainwreck. Not looking like his smoothly shaven self would definitely help him out a little. Grunts hate pretty boys. The problem was they hated Intel just as much. Oh well. It's worth a shot anyhow.

He started speaking through the comms in a normal tone of voice, giving the grunt a very clear look of "It's your head if you screw up my orders.", knowing the other Marines could clearly hear it.

"With all due respect, I take orders from the Captain, directly. If I am to board this shuttle, that's what I do. You wouldn't to upset Intel Division, would you?"

That would surely sink into the grunts thick skull. Maybe it even sounded a little motivated. He was good at sounding motivated. It would surely be a matter of time before someone signed him in some Intel Objectives.

He wasn't actually on a sensitive mission that he knew of quite yet, but he got the gist of what the Captain wanted from him. Get in, follow the grunts, exfiltrate some freshly liberated Umiak or Loroi technology if possible, and do it in a way that the Loroi would never even notice. You know. Intelligence. Sneaky Sneaky. It was clear humanity was behind on the Loroi on nearly ever front. Hell, Humanity doesn't need heroes right now, Humanity needs looting scumbags.

Not very well thought out by the cappy, now that he thought about it. He was already becoming a sore thumb, it would only be a matter of time until the Loroi took note. So much for actually being a sneaky scumbag.

Michael wasn't stupid. Surely the Captain would never pick him for a replacement. No-no, He wanted a scumbag, and that's just what he was going to get.

Now if he could just bring his self esteem to accept that, he would be all set.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni accepted Charlie's explanations with no comment and only a the slightest unreadable change in expression.

Thinking, {Well this could make things... difficult. So Captain Blake put the xenophobe in charge of the mission... you would think the ship's Captain would know better then to make such a administrative error?}

Sanzaing both Twilightsaber, and Sun Bloom...
SpoilerShow
{"We may have a problem Parat, Torret... it seems Captain Blake has put this Commander Ferox in overall command of the mission... he is obviously a xenophobe. I see two outcomes in this... both not very preferable. One: In the arrogant spirit of ethnocentrism... he does not utilize our Loroi assistance relegating Me and our Soroin to only non-combat covering actions... and the Enemy prove every bit as capable as we know them to be. If the enemy gets ANY idea the Loroi Union is involved in any capacity with the Humans in any friendly capacity... they will blow the station and all on-board. Its what I would do. Or... the Ferox will see this as an opportunity to get our forces reduced...killed by using us as bait to draw our the enemy and then not supporting our efforts. I'm sure with the need there was to reveal my capabilities before we entered combat... he would not find it inconvenient if I were killed in this operation and no longer an uncontrollable threat. What do you advice crew sisters?"}
Sonni watches the bravado banter between the humans smiling in the similarity between many warrior cultures. Much of the banter is incomprehensible... not because Sonni doesn't understand their language but, because she lacks the understanding of the cultural context of their chides.

When Charlie challenges the newly arrived human male sitting quietly perusing some data device Sonni turns her attention to him studying him closely. She notes.. she has never seen him before, he was not in any of the joint training drills of the last three days, he is not wearing the same space armor as the other Human Marines... and is only carrying a simple sidearm as opposed to the universal outload of rifles all the Marines were armed with. Warnings flagged in her mind immediately.

{Why would Captain Blake include a crewman who was not part of the Marine soldiers, not armed like them and never trained with the joint training sessions? Unless he was not there to fight.. if if he was not there to fight..why was he here at all?}

Sonni listened closely to charlies words as he addressed the crewman and particularly his response...
Approaching the errant Ensign, Charlie challenged him.
"Ensign, what are you doing? This area is for Op personal only. You had better clear off before the Commander or Staff Sergeant see you, they'll eat you alive."
Thinking, {Ensign...? If I recall from what Charlie has told me... that's the lowest ranking of the human Officers. But if Lieutenant commander Ferox is in field command... and both Roland and Charlie are Sergeants... non-commissioned officers... why has an obviously non-combatant officer been added?}

The Ensign responded on open comms... which the Loroi had already been set to receive as well...
He started speaking through the comms in a normal tone of voice, his expression... insubordinate?

"With all due respect, I take orders from the Captain, directly. If I am to board this shuttle, that's what I do. You wouldn't to upset Intel Division, would you?"
{Ahh.. now its clear! Intell.}

To the Ensign, a young Loroi woman clad in a featureless slate grey armored vacuum suit it's curves hugging the distinctive hourglass shape of her hips and the enticing bulge of her chest steps up to him... perhaps closer than what humans would consider polite distance. She is slightly shorter than him her soft blonde hair peeking out of scalloped vents in her helmet, and her eyes a lovely deep and cool emerald green. She is armed with ... of all things, some curved battle blade slung across her back and a single energy weapon sidearm holstered at her shapely left hip.

Sonni stepped forward addressing the Ensign in perfect English her voice almost softly musical... but serious in tone, "Your Captain has assigned you for Intelligence gathering{it was not a question}. I am Stormrage, Field Commander of the Loroi Union forces. What is your name Ensign? You have not trained with us and so will not be familiar with our joint tactics... a potential liability. Is your suit helmet equipped with a H.U.D.? You need to upload the Marine squad system mission packet if you haven't already. At some point in combat you may see a red highlight on your H.U.D. defining a zone in your field of vision. That is a signal from our Loroi H.U.D.s that has been integrated to the Marine's battlenet indicating an area I'm targeting with my electrokinesis... do not be standing in that area! Understand?"

Her eyes are .. hauntingly pretty... and for the briefest moment seem to glass over as if she were looking through him...

Sanzaing Twilightsaber and Sun Bloom...
SpoilerShow
{"Parat, Torret... it seems the human Captain Blake has seen fit to put an Intell Officer... perhaps spy... or at least an agent of espionage on board... he may even be an assassin as well - an obvious potential target being me. I've still yet to determine his purpose here... but it is obviously not wholly to fight. He did not train with us and I have never seen him in the general crew. Has something occurred to change the Marine complement... if not... why this sudden inclusion of a unseen officer who never trained with us? I have no general directives concerning humans acquiring Technology or Intell on the Enemy. Do you have some directives you would like me to follow... other than the obvious one to watch him closely?"}
Her attention refocuses on him as she assess his gear and single sidearm... and she smirks slightly.

Thinking, {Hmmm...perhaps not a assassin.. he'll need something far more destructive than that to penetrate my armor and fields. But it can't hurt to be too cautious... there are many ways to kill in space...}

Having made... some inscrutable judgement about the Ensign, Stormrage splits her attention back to Sergeant Aldridge, "Chaar-lee, perhaps now would be a good time to test our Joint-telemetry H.U.D. and communications between our respective troops?"

Her tone... is subtly different when speaking to the Sergeant... softer in a subtle almost affectionate way.

[ P53 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Fantastic, he could totally see where this was going. Telltale signs of paranoia. Either that, or she was truly scared of what could be on that station, he figured. It amused him how similar the Loroi spoke compared to Humans. Strange accent, perhaps, but the strange disconnect he felt from her as she spoke was interesting.

Now Michael had a large buxom woman up in his face, clearly violating the already meager personal space in this shuttle. More importantly, they had been privy to everything that was being said. That's plan A out of the window, though he should have seen that one coming. Another thing dawned on him. He had to defuse this situation, then proceed to stay the hell out of this Amazon's way.

Time to engage the bullshit mode.

That would have been his train of thought, had he been fully rational, but the first time seeing an Extra Terrestrial Lifeform is a strange experience to most, and seeing her up close had more of an effect on him then he'd like to admit. She was attractive, her hair was strangely human-like in color, and the eyes were unless anything he'd seen on one of his kind. It wasn't even the skin color, really... It was the eyes.

He looked at her with sharp eyes of his own, hesitated for a moment as she spoke, then when she finished, simply switched on his helmet. He had already linked up to the shuttle crew, and his heads up display showed the results clearly, though mirrored, on his visor. His eyes went up to hers, and he did his best to sharply stare back into them. He'd seen the breasts into face trick before, and interesting as it all was to the primal side of him, he pushed those thoughts aside for just a moment before he started speaking.

"My name is Michael De Ruyter, De is a prefix, you may address me as any of the two names, though I also listen to handsome.

He shot her a dry smile. Time to find out if they had a sense of sarcasm or humor. He looked like a hobo, he felt. Not shaving before "duty" made him feel iffy.

"I can guarantee you that I have had proper military education, regardless of how you call me. I will stay in the back, observe, and participate if absolutely necessary. I will also provide a direct link to station command with my personal computer in a support role. It's range should be sufficient as long as the Shuttle its tethered to stays in the immediate vicinity."

He prepared to await her response there for a moment, then added swiftly, since her eyes were far away...

"Electrokinesis... Is that a function of your suit then?"

He smirked, expecting no response, but figured that measuring her levels of patience now rather then later would be a good idea.