[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni turns back to the Ensign listening to his speech patterns and mentally mulling over his words.

Her stance was one of relax, she was not uncomfortable or concerned at his presence ... it occurred to the ensign the idea of personal space meant little to the Loroi who were reputed to be telepathic. Her posture, mannerisms, and tone did not indicate she was trying to intimidate... or use any feminine wiles upon him... she might not honestly realize that humans had a unspoken 'social' space they did not like strangers to enter. It was ... somewhat cute to think of how naive as to human ways the Loroi might actually be.

"Hmmm... Duuue... ? A prefix, that is not a rank Chaar-lee has made me aware of Mike-El."

She looked at him closely and slightly cocked her head, "...are you unwell Mike-El? You look somewhat hagge~"

Then she looked a little surprised sudden understanding of the context of his words coming to her, "Handsome!?! Was that a social attempt at..." switching to Trade Language, ["...flirting???"]

She smiles switching back to English noticeable amusement in her tone, "I'm sure your trained quite well in Military Intelligence... I'll be mindful to have one of my Soroin watch out for you so you may be well protected... but let's keep our minds on the mission... and not... flirting."

At his question about her electrokinesis she get a brief perplexed expression on her lovely face then dawning understanding comes to her.

"Ah that's right you did not train with the Marines... and I have not seen you among the crew in any social setting... you must have been kept Very busy.. or sequestered for some reason? {she lets the question go unpushed for answers} No. Electrokinesis is not a function of my Vacuum Armor. I can control vast amounts of electromotive force - manipulating the flow of electrons with my mind and one of those effects is to fill a volume of space with arcing lightning that is quite lethal... you would do well to be mindful to avoid such effects. Your suit in nowhere near enough insulted to withstand the currents I could employ. I'll also try to be mindful to make sure you are not caught unawares. Its is very dangerous to have you with us without you understanding the weapons we Loroi can and will employ. I... trust your Captain has good reason to send you on this mission so... uninformed."

All was spoke matter-of-factly... there was no vehemence or threat in her tone... in fact, curiously, she seemed genuinely concerned for Micheal's health and personal safety.

Her curiosity peeked, "Might I ask, what does you name mean... Mike-El?"

[ P54 ]
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Alright. That was not what he expected. He had expected to anger her, and instead she was just mildly interested.

Which was interesting, he supposed, but he suppressed a smirk when she visibly flustered under merely a light tease. Interesting indeed; Not sarcasm, not humor, No. She took it as serious flirting. That told him quite a bit about their social habits, actually. Not bad for a single jab.

He patted himself on the back slightly, as the alien continued to rattle off words.

"Flirting? Your words, not mine."

The question about his name soured him a little, though. Not that he minded the question, but after thinking about it for a second, he realized the meaning might not amuse the Loroi much. Besides, it was a religiously tinted name, and he disliked it a little for that. The reason she asked must have meant that she cares about ones etymology. the meaning behind the name. Perhaps the Loroi employed a sort of named Caste structure then? Definitely a more traditional, Feudal-like system. He wished he had followed cultural arts and history for a moment, not military intelligence.
These women were a treasure trove. Imagine what kind of killer thesis he could have written!

You know, either that, or to have actually been briefed instead of drummed up at the last second.

"My name was purely chosen because it sounds nice. There's no intended meaning or reason behind it that I care to identify with."

Besides, he hated doing fighting himself. If he divulged his names etymology, he'd surely become the butt-end of the Loroi's jokes for the duration of their stay.

Moving on, continueing nearly as if it was the same sentence;

"...And I'll be fine. You concentrate on fighting and the like, I concentrate on gathering data and keeping clear lines of fire. Maybe this data will save some lives some day..."

Ofcourse, there were no protocols... But he liked the idea. At least he could record anything the Loroi did whilst operating. Or any other combatants for that case. The guys over at Intel would practically pay him in gold for that. But he'd rather tell her that he was keeping an eye on her then admit the Captain's "mistake" of making him fill the empty spot...

(And the old fart would better be grateful for that.)

He had avoided the subject of how well he was doing in terms of health and exhaustion. It was not important now. He just hoped he didn't have to go above the recommended dose of those stims before the mission was over.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 38

Standing closer to the errant Ensign, Charlie noticed a lot more about him. He looked a bit rough, they might have been driving them hard... for Officers. Charlie could only imagine the amount of pencils that needed pushing and papers that needed moving. It didn`t bother Charlie much that he wanted something as banal as media grabs, it did bother him that he was doing it now of all times. He could have easily gotten it from the bridge like the rest.

The errant Ensign shot him a look, from the closer range, it could have melted steel it looked so acidic.
"With all due respect, I take orders from the Captain, directly. If I am to board this shuttle, that's what I do. You wouldn't to upset Intel Division, would you?"
{Intel Division, Huh? With all due respect if I punched you in the neck, would that upset you? Would that upset Intel? You goddamn Spook wannabe!}
Upset Charlie made a much more critical scan of the smaller man. The Ensign was wearing what looked like some kind of Light Duty Suit. He was armed with a small side arm, one that would even be able to penetrate the Marine Combat Suit. {Heh, small man small gun.} Enlisted men were taught to despise all Officers. So that when someone like the LC comes along and has a measure of respect it`s because he earned every bit of it. Charlie now liked him even less. That almost beard, stubble thing? Probably from being a lazy bastard. {Bet he`s a good looking bastard too under all that, just because he can be.} To Charlie who had to work hard all his life, this Ensign had that look about him, that things just came easily to him. Charlie`s family was wealthy, but he had still worked hard. Hard work at school got him good grades, hard work in the Army got him a government sponsored scholarship, only after graduating from university was he given a fraction of the family wealth to manage. Charlie had no idea was he felt so wronged by the man, most of those factors would be so big of a deal. Still Charlie had to find out if his whole story was Kudu Krap. The easiest way would have been to dial up Cho on the bridge. But if he was suppose to be here Charlie would looked the fool. But Charliue had an idea... {Fine. You want to play this game? Lets see who blinks first!}
"The Captain has not see fit to notify me or Staff Sergeant Roland of any changes in orders. However Lieutenant Commander Ferox will undoubtedly be aware of new orders."
If the Ensign ran it was because he wasn`t suppose to be here.

To Charlie small problems seemed to be plaguing him, Corporal Harris missing, this useless dead weight annoying him. Sonni stepped closer to the Ensign, closer than Charlie liked. {Why are you standing so close to her you damned Spook!} It was silly when he though about it. Still, it annoyed him. Charlie had to try hard not laugh at the Ensign when he heard him being called "a potential liability."

Sonni turned from the still annoying Ensign back to Charlie. Gone were his irritations over the Ensign. His mood lifted instantly the moment she spoke.
"Chaar-lee, perhaps now would be a good time to test our Joint-telemetry H.U.D. and communications between our respective troops?"
"Yes, Field Commander Stormrage. I believe it would be an excellent time. It will help avoid any potential liabilities and accidents." He might've called her Sonni, but with the Spook listening, he didn`t want him to know anything. Not even what he calls her. It was hard to miss Charlie`s smile beaming out though, nothing he could do about it.

Yet the Ensign managed to say something that practically burst all of Charlie`s veins at once. His fists of their own volition clenched. "My name is Michael De Ruyter, De is a prefix, you may address me as any of the two names, though I also listen to handsome." In his boxing days he had used them to hit hundreds of people. Charlie was sure that he could hit him hard enough that even in side of his helmet he'd be knocked out. At this moment Charlie wished he had the Mental abilities of Loroi. Then he'd be able to send a clear message to the Ensign. {You insignificant ANT! If you don`t back off I. WILL. BREAK. YOU.} It was definitely a sensitive nerve that he'd manged to step on. Charlie was definitely staring daggers, daggers with messages; Stop that or die, slowly. Charlie had never felt this jealous before.

"I can guarantee you that I have had proper military education, regardless of how you call me. I will stay in the back, observe, and participate if absolutely necessary. I will also provide a direct link to station command with my personal computer in a support role. It's range should be sufficient as long as the Shuttle its tethered to stays in the immediate vicinity."
{I doubt it, you haven`t seen the muddy part of an assault course in your life. I bet your military education was only OCS. I doubt you are combat certified, in any form. You had better stay in the back, or I will shoot you in the back.} Charlie didn`t like the man at all. He was worse than dead weight, he was annoying dead weight.

"Electrokinesis... Is that a function of your suit then?" This was a stupid question. If he was Intel as he says he was, he has seen every videos of Sonni`s demonstrations. Even if he had not, scuttle butt alone would have told him all that he needed to know. Everyone on the ship knew, because everybody talked. That left it as an annoying, stupid question.

Sonni pointed out that Michael De Ruyter looked unwell, Charlie must have been far to annoyed to even come close to noticing something was off. Still, It made Charlie immensely less annoyed that she had easily side stepped that lame attempt at flirting, and turned it around as far as he was concerned. His annoyances were banished, but she was right in one thing more than most, Military Intelligence trained the pencil pushers to push pencils very well. {He is not uniformed, he is just baiting you. Trying to trick you or annoy you.} Charlie still wondered about the Loroi obsession of knowing the meaning of names, it was something he had forgotten to speak about during their lunches together.

"Flirting? Your words, not mine."
{Hah, she is not stupid, you lost. It was your meaning, and you failed.}

Charlie hadn`t the slightest idea of what is name meant. Charlie only knew his because it sounded really cool; Army or Warrior of the Old Ruler.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Michael tore his eyes from the Loroi without much issue, whatever her response was would have to wait. The leatherneck, steaming with rage, was giving off all kinda of interesting signals. Nice. It looked like he stumbled upon a good old inter-species couple already forming.

Would that count as Bestiality, he wondered... No, the Loroi sure don't look like they would date gorilla's.

A smirk started to form on his face, but he knew that was as far as he could push it. Though it would be satisfying to make him snap, and undo some of that frustration he'd been dealing with himself lately, it wouldn't be worth a bullet in the spine in the heat of battle.

He shot the Loroi one more glance, one that the conversation had to end now. Not sure she got the message, but this had to stop. He then put up his hands, as if disarming himself.

Anyway. I'm sure you two have a lot to discuss. If it was me, I'd just sit in my bedroom, snoring away after a 18 hour shift. Instead, I'm here. You guys better get to your plans, and I'll stick to what I've been told.

Goddamnit, he wanted so badly not to say anything... but it was begging for it.

Besides, It's clear you see the blond one as yours. Fine with me. No need to pop a vein or two, Alright?

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Malidasaria walks over to Michael, Charles, and Sonnidezi, stomping her foot to draw their attention to her.

"Does there seem to be a problem forming here?"
Don't delay, join today!

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

This one was large. Serious looking. Authoritative. Cold. (his mind screamed at him: stuck up, librarian type?) He thought up a few wisecracks and put them in reserve, not to be delved for his amusement...

He knew these types when he saw them. Cared too much or cared too little. Hid it under a frigid exterior. Not the type of person to mess with. Whatever he was still going to say... He changed his mind when she appeared on the scene. Bullshitting her wouldn't work either, if he measured her up correctly.

Time to sit back and see where the fingers end up pointing.

Regardless, he made eye contact for a moment. He had just overstepped his bounds against that Grunt, and if it was to bail him out, she came like a guardian angel. He made eye contact with her for good measure, but didn't plead at her with his eyes. Instead he let the moment pass, and the others speak.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Finally back again and lets get going... Some music for you: Link EDIT: a few bugs got in here, fixed those errors.]

On the bridge:

Blake sat in his chair on the bridge, his hands on the usual cup of tea (although much stronger than normally) and watched the Loroi Mizol standing on the side of the bridge, gazing at the main holo monitor. He was curios what she might think now: was she worried about her "crewsisters", the success of the mission or about her wellbeing? He was sure that he would have been able to tell if she was a human, just by the look on her face. But instead she showed no emotions, no feelings... absollutly nothing, like she was some kind of stone statue just standing there: a strand of hair wrapped around her right indexfinger, her left hand on her hips. Just standing there, staring at the messy static shown on the main screen. Beautiful, yes... just like some kind of ancient Egyptian statue he had seen as a young boy in the British Museum...

{A penny for your thoughts...} he was thinking to himself and was suddenly dragged back into reality.

[Captain...? Its almost time! You wanted to speak to Hadrid and the intelboy.]
It was Ensign Anderson who suddenly stood next to him and spoke in a low voice. He didn't even notice her getting closer.

[Ensign? Uhm yes...] he then nod in the direction of Twilightsaber and added in an equal low voice: [I will do that from my office. No need to get them alarmed...]
As he was leaving the bridge, he looked back over his shoulder, just to be sure and yes she still stood there. Hadn't moved an inch. Still gazing at that screen.

{So sphinxlike...}

and continued on his way to his office. Back there he checked the TCA database about that station, the ones who builded it and everything that might be useful. It was T-10 minutes now. Time to get those informations to those who needed them. He activated the com-unit in his desk and opened a secure channel to Hadrid and Mr. Handsome as he would call himself.

in the shuttlebay:

Simultaneously the com-units of Ensign de Ruyter and Lt. Cmdr Ferox started beeping and a violet indicator could be seen on their helmet HUD: [Incoming Connection; Security Level Delta]
Only the Captain could create such com links, but there was no spoken words, just some text files transfered to their integrated computer systems.

For Hadrid and De Ryuter only:
SpoilerShow
Additional orders:
-Both of you: Find out what Shenuda Heavy Industries was doing on that station.
-Ensign De Ruyter will gather informations about the Loroi in actual combat, secure Umiak tech and aid in technical questions, as Harris is not available.
-Hadrid: Find out why the Umiak conquered the station and what they were doing there.
Try not to get yourself killed. I added some informations about those Shenuda guys from the database.
-Blake-
P.S. Chief Abramovic worked on a few "surprises" for those bugs, don't shit your pants!

Additional information (confidential):
-Shenuda Heavy Industries-
Or SHI, One of the largest companies in the whole TCA. Builds, trades and invents many of todays most valued goods: From jump drives, over mass drivers to TCAs favorite cream soda. The whole company (or better conglomerate of companies) belongs to one man: Michael Shenuda III. who controls it from the companies main research and production site close to Asunción, Paraguay, Earth. Not much is known about the intentions of that man, his actions are often confusing and he is considered a trickster or deceiver by his business rivals. SHI has his own security forces that are considered better equipped than the TCA forces. Weapons, armor and other things are often tested by SHI security before being sold to the military. According to Mr. Shenuda, this is done because he wants only the best and reliable weapons in the hand of his customers. The main SHI security forces (or SHISF) are based on earth, close to Canberra, but there are small contingents of these troops in every major SHI site across TCA space.
Experiments with spaceships, new propulsion systems, communications arrays and other space tech is done in systems that are not visited by other human vessels very often. In many instances this was done with the help of the TCA military.
[Further information considered secret]

SHI also has one of the largest fleets of trading vessels in TCA space, as well as some experimental vessels, that are considered as warships by rival companies, as they are used for weapons tests.
-6 trading vessels/tankers, Aijara-class, acceleration: ~3G, jump capable, crew: 20, length: 195m, weapons: none
-2 experimental vessels, Hekate-class, acceleration: [secret], [secret], [secret], length: 177m, weapons: [secret]
-various system based shuttles.

SHI was awarded with a contract to build a refuel station in this system. However, there is no information why the TCA would do that. The station that was planed differs greatly from the blueprints in our database. For instance: there shouldn't have been any railers on that thing. You are on your own over there, so be careful and lets hope those Umiak don't know how to operate those guns.
Good luck!
-Blake-
On the bridge:

Parat Twilightsaber noticed that the doors to the bridge opened again and just from the sound of his feet walking over the deck, she could tell that it was the captain who came back. She knew that he did something in secret, but what?

{He will not jeopardize our mission... he won't be that stupid!} she thought for herself as she suddenly received a sanzai from Stormrage:
SpoilerShow
{"We may have a problem Parat, Torret... it seems Captain Blake has put this Commander Ferox in overall command of the mission... he is obviously a xenophobe. I see two outcomes in this... both not very preferable. One: In the arrogant spirit of ethnocentrism... he does not utilize our Loroi assistance relegating Me and our Soroin to only non-combat covering actions... and the Enemy prove every bit as capable as we know them to be. If the enemy gets ANY idea the Loroi Union is involved in any capacity with the Humans in any friendly capacity... they will blow the station and all on-board. Its what I would do. Or... the Ferox will see this as an opportunity to get our forces reduced...killed by using us as bait to draw our the enemy and then not supporting our efforts. I'm sure with the need there was to reveal my capabilities before we entered combat... he would not find it inconvenient if I were killed in this operation and no longer an uncontrollable threat. What do you advice crew sisters?"}
and then another one:
SpoilerShow
{"Parat, Torret... it seems the human Captain Blake has seen fit to put an Intell Officer... perhaps spy... or at least an agent of espionage on board... he may even be an assassin as well - an obvious potential target being me. I've still yet to determine his purpose here... but it is obviously not wholly to fight. He did not train with us and I have never seen him in the general crew. Has something occurred to change the Marine complement... if not... why this sudden inclusion of a unseen officer who never trained with us? I have no general directives concerning humans acquiring Technology or Intell on the Enemy. Do you have some directives you would like me to follow... other than the obvious one to watch him closely?"}
She couldn't help but look over to the human Captain.
{May the spirits have mercy with me and tell me whats going on in the mind of that male...}
she then answered to Stormrage and Neliopaio:
SpoilerShow
[Stormrage, I am sure the human Captain knows what he is doing. That person called "Feh-rox" might be usefull, although his intentions are unclear. I have to admit that. Maybe he will be able to trust us after this mission? However, I don't think he wants to decimate our crew... He is just very... well... paranoid maybe? But that spy... be careful about him. Try to find out what he is after and take care that he won't get killed by poking around in some Umiak remains. He might be... useful to learn more about those humans and their capabilities, don't you think? May the spirits bless you all on your mission, sisters!]
The Captain had reached his chair and sat down on it. Not much time left now, T-1...
[Time to switch that main screen to the shuttlebay, Anderson...]
Having said that, he noticed Twilightsaber staring at him with a ghostly greenish light in her eyes, at least for the blink of an eye, then the light was gone. Nevertheless, he could feel a cold shiver running down his spine...
{...just a reflection in the eyes of a sphinx... nothing to worry about...}
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid sat on the crates seeing his man assembling in the shuttle. Checking time on his HUD: t-1min. He rose from his place, gathered his things:

<small assault bag on his back, helmet in left hand and large duffle bag in left hand.>

And moved entering shuttle's ramp. Entering shuttle he moved quite silently(In contrast to these bulky marine suits, Hadrid moved like a wolf) only quiet ringing of carried staff disclosed his appearance.

Seeing LT one of the marines jumped from his seat.

[Commander on the DECK!] - he shunted saluting

[At ease gentleman.] Coming closer all marines looked at LT's new armor murmuring between themselves. He wore suit, looking weaker and thinner than normal combat suit. But on closer inspection armor looked much more thicker than 'bubble suit'. Some man spoken about Marsian design but Hadrid's suit was more.... soft, plating was shaped and bent to mimic human body which provides excellent flexibility and suppression of incoming kinetic strikes. For some armor looked like copy of loroi combat suit but in human style and military doctrine. Specially wedge close helmet was prof of that.

Throwing large bag on the floor and putting helmet on free seat. [Everyone aboard? We can begin our briefing then. Fall in.]

Hadrid clicked button on his gauntlet and soft amber holographic interface* popped at his hand.

Pressing few holographic buttons on appeared keyboard, the shuttles screen popped on-line. On screen picture of station.

[Target, station class: Belfast. size: 500m hight, 250m wide. Old type of stations designed in late XXI. Build with many versions and modifications. What we can see it's most popular one type R but what we can see here and here station have some additional modules...probably private modifications. Now mostly used as fueling points or private corp centers.]

Pressing button, new picture appeared: station cut to slices with descriptions of the sections.

[As you can see station is divided to individual parts. from down: fuel cells, cargobay, dockingbay with berthing tunnels, crew quarters with medbay, research labs and finally CIC.]

Hadrid pressed again something at his 'tool' and new picture of umiak ship docked to the station appeared.

[Opposition: Umiaks, ship: size of frigate, 200m long roughly of Cydonia] Few marines moved their head in disbelieve.

[From observation we can see here and here] Hadrid pointed damaged sections of the ship. [Ship suffered damaged probably from station's shotguns* and we suspect it's nonoperational for the moment.]

[Sir? Are we consider Umiaks hostile?]

[For the moment yes]

[Despite it's size, this ship relatively small unit for the umiaks crew: approximately 100 personnel.]

[What security force station had?]

[Consider the fact that this is private station We can assume it was minimal..]

Carrying on. New 4 photos appeared at screen with alien creature. For legs two arms (one with some-kind cannon, second tree-fingered) and ant like ass with strange head. for loroi Hadrid shows umiak hard trooper.

[For somebody who doesn't know it's typical umiak trooper, thanks orgus for pictures. size 2-3 meters, weight aprox. 400-600kg. Heavy armored and have energy cannon]

[How we gonna beat that thing? It's 3 time bigger than us.]

[Yes bigger, which means heaver, slower than us. They come form low gravity world, 1G would be pain in the ass for them so use it for our advantage.]

Pointing joints and flexible parts of umiak anatomy. [In firefight concentrate on those points, leg's joints would be easy target and would cripple umiak easily. Of course direct head-shot would do probably a trick.]

[We don't know sir?]

[Armor is designed to stop specific force. If umiaks fight mostly Loroi then their armor would be made to stop Loroi particle gunfire nor high speed, solid bullets. It's possible that our armour-piercing or armour-piercing incendiary bullets will be very effective but we need to find it out first. Quartermaster issued you red taped clips with API rounds. Use them only on my command.]

[What's a difference between solid slug and particles? , they are both kinetic.]

[Particles are very small, they hit target with less kinetic force, but more energy in heat. They burn via armor. So armor must be enough heat resistant to disperse large amounts of heat in short time. Such armor from nature cannot be resident for highly kinetic strikes. Simply speaking: This armor is like butter, will melt over time when hit with particles but solid AP bullet will go through it like knife.]

*something like mass effect omini-tool but simplified to comms, data exchange, wireless connection and hacking. It have connection build in hard disk on Hadrid's back plating.

*shotguns- primitive, first mass drivers used now on civilian stations to shoot down rouge asteroids.

Post 35
Last edited by Beliskner on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezzi listens to LT Ferox's tactical debriefing and is a little perplexed... perhaps she hadn't been clear in her explanations.

Sonnidezzi raises a hand to interject to Commander Ferox, "With respect, not wanting to contradict your tactical assessment Lieut Commander but you are a little mistaken and are underestimating the Umiak toughness. Their armor... like everything else they make is not specialized versus blasters... its just generally a tough synthetic carbon-phase durashell composite. They have vast resources - as their resource reclamation policies are self-destructive... and what Loroi Doranzer have determined is needlessly and impractically overbuilt designs ARE the Umiak norm! Their 'ships of the line' have each fully an outer hull shell that is~ ... about three of your feet thick... of solid carbon phase composite... before any structural hull bracing and actual hull ship frame! They don't believe in subtlety... they just throw more resources at it while they squeeze worlds dry of resources."

"I only mention this to emphasize that the Umiak hardtrooper is just heavily armored with thick carbon-phase plates... along with extensive cybernetic subdermal armor... as for optimized armor ablative versus blasters... the Umiak are not that... "creative". They are not slow... bulky yes.. but Not Slow! The Hardtroopers are cybernetically enhanced to compensate for their low-g origin and operate without hindrance in standard gravities. They also have implanted bionics enhancing their physical strength many times over normal, to unnatural levels. But that all said... Umiak Hardtrooper Armor is not quite as resilient as Loroi Armored Vaccsuits but the difference is very minor considering the layered defenses of Hardtroopers and Umiak natural exoskeleton structure... not because the Umiak can't armor their troopers more... but because no single Hardtrooper is considered of enough value to the Hegemony to protect them more thoroughly! They just throw more Hardtroopers at the target... regardless of losses! We Loroi do not exclusively use Blasters... only our ship crews favor them because their power can be dialed back to minimize hull breaches... and they can be used to stun. Most of our ground based Soroin troopers use similar gauss weaponry to Humaniti."

"The Umiak have no such... self-restraint! Their primary assault weapon is a Rapid-Fire, carbon-phase, poison-tipped, guass needler we call a "Sliver Gun". And yes those needles DO cut through armor, bulkheads, pressure doors or anything else... like ...your 'butter' vernacular. The Umiak don't care... their policy is 'if a device gets broke/breached/smashed/perforated... just discard it and get another'. The Umiak also use a heavy plasma flamer in close quarters that they seem to have no fear of waving about in reckless abandon... you should try not to get too close... we Loroi have learned to keep them at a distance."

"I can tell you this though... from what I've seen of your Guass Rifles... you should be able to hurt them.. but the trick will be can you hurt them quickly enough. All Hardtroopers have pain-desensitizer Cybernetic implants."

[ P55 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Roland shook his head at chalies comment and tapped his helmet with a grin. He listened to the conversations and let it go as pre mission stress relief. Noting the New ensign had not seemed to be overly cowed by the presence of Charlie in his heavier armor.

He made notes, and selected several of the charts to tag to his quick menu for fast reference during combat. also loading the images of the Umiak and the notes the Loroi and the commander gave during the briefing.

"I'd suggest concentrated fire by at least one fire team per target, the team leader designating the target." Roland spoke up. having quickly ran a few scenarios through his head." We should consider the fact the station will be heavily damaged in any situation when we engage the Umiak, and use what ever force is needed to take them down as quickly as possible. Since what we need is the fuel, I'd suggest we consider any other system short of primary power and fuel systems expendable.

If we try to preserve any sections of the station that we don't absolutely need to refuel, the superior firepower of the Umiak in close quarters may be more than we can match... Basically the more of the station we try not to damage, the more likely it is we loose the entire station."

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Meanwhile in the shuttles cockpit:

The pilot looked back into the passengers compartment. She, Corporal Antonia Fiore had trained for all kinds of military and civilian operations, but this was her first "hot" flight. No tests, paintballs and other childish stuff. It was the real deal this time, against an enemy humanity had never seen before. She remembered the stories he had heard from an Orgus on the academy: sounded like cruel nightmares to him. Now it was time to find out if they were real.
The she realized that the ramp in the back of the shuttle still wasn't closed and the Lt. Cmdr. instead had started his briefing.

{Oh great...} she thought to herself. {Time to put things right!} So she switched her com-unit to the general channel and said:

[Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome aboard Calypso! Our estimated time of arrival is in about 60 minutes. Please sit down now and bring your seats in an upright position. Unfortunately there will be no drinks on this flight, but please follow the security instructions...] she had to laugh about those last few words, but continued [...we wish you a good flight!]

{Well, that might cause some trouble with the Commander...}

Having thought that, she closed the ramp with the internal controls, started the engines and opened a channel to the bridge:

[Calypso to the bridge, Fiore speaking. We are ready to take off.]

[Bridge here. Understood! You have clearance for take-off. Good luck! Cydonia out!]

The whole shuttle started to vibrate slightly then stronger as it left its safe harbor and flow straight ahead, through Cydonias open hangar doors. After about 400m, Corporal Fiore gently turned around and steered the small vessel alongside Cydonia, on its designated course. The hull of the human destroyer could be seen closely one last time and then it vanished out of her view. After one final push of its main thrusters, she switched the engines off, as it was ordered and they were just drifting to their target. She knew that they were a sitting duck now and she could only hope that those Umiak wouldn't see them coming.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni paused hoping the Xenophobic human Field Commander Ferox would not take offense at her correction of his tactical assessments and was relieved when Roland, Charile's obviously close friend and battle comrade, spoke up breaking the tension. He spoke with reason, a sharp mind and prudent tactical suggestion that no one could refute or find flaw in. With such capable tactical subordinates of the Human Field Commander - Sonni felt a slight bit more relaxed to be working with such practical soldiers. At least, the two Squad Sergeants, Charlie and Roland would not follow blindly but, would shrewdly counter or adjust to whatever mistake or underestimation of the foe their direct Field Commander might make. It all depended upon Ferox's ego... would he accept sound advice and reasonable suggestions from his subordinates? Only time would tell...

But the tactical discussion was cut short by the voice of the shuttle's pilot... a female human by the sound of it.
Suederwind wrote: [Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome aboard Calypso! Our estimated time of arrival is in about 60 minutes. Please sit down now and bring your seats in an upright position. Unfortunately there will be no drinks on this flight, but please follow the security instructions...] she had to laugh about those last few words, but continued [...we wish you a good flight!]
Then the deployment ramp at the aft of the shuttle began to close and its pressure seals engaged.

Sonni listened to the interchange across the comm-link net between the pilot, Corporal Antonia Fiore, and Captain Blake...
Suederwind wrote: [Calypso to the bridge, Fiore speaking. We are ready to take off.]

[Bridge here. Understood! You have clearance for take-off. Good luck! Cydonia out!]
The shuttle stirred from it mooring; the bay depressurized, and Corp Fiore applied thrusters... lifting the shuttle from the deck - maneuvering toward the opened hanger doors swinging into view.

Stormrage's eyes met with Sun Bloom, Thoughtvenom and all the other Loroi Soroin assembled... and she caught the silent approving permission in Sun Bloom's mind...

Then all at once all the Loroi onboard the shuttle turned in unison and faced the direction of the Cydonia their shoulders straightened their postures in unison coming to attention their facial expressions grim and determined... all in eerie silence...

They all were looking at the bulkhead of the shuttle's hull...or perhaps through it as if paying rapt attention to something the humans could not hear.

It was Stormrage whose eyes shifted to focus on the Marines inside the shuttle nervously watching the oddly behaving Loroi...

She moved to step forward triggering the visior on her Vacc Armor to open to look them all eye to eye, face to face...

And though the other Loroi did not move at all... their... demeanor was as if she had just done something shocking...

Speaking, "Brave Soldiers of Humaniti... we Loroi have a tradition that going into battle we share a battle ...er chant I guess it would be the most appropriate thing you would understand. It is a telepathic warning to our foes that they are our prey we are hunting. As the Field Commander of the Loroi Union forces in this engagement.. it is my privilege and honor to lead my Crewsisters in this ... but humaniti is not telepathic so you cannot hear the song all the Loroi on the Cydonia and here are Sanzaing. In the spirit of new alliances and as a show of respect and gratitude for your efforts in granting us shelter and the safety of your vessel.. I feel you deserve to be honored with this as well.. it is my decision, and my choice... It does not translate well in trade but...strangely enough English does a good approximation. It is very similar in purpose as what humaniti would call something of a national anthem for the Loroi... we don't per se use it that way but it is usually sanzaied among our crewsisters upon the launch of a newly commissioned cruiser or we head into battle. I hope it will inspire your hearts as it does the Soia-Liron...!"

Stepping forward she sings... her comm-link is open so any and all listening with ears or with telepathic senses can hear her voice softly chanting but with great conviction a martial tune of courage and self-sacrifice that stirs the hearts of all who hear...

Skill: Performance Arts [Singing]: Soul + 2 + 1 = 2d6 + 7 + 2 + 1 → [5,6,7,2,1] = (21) [Challenging 18 Success!]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1271579
* Mods = Soul 7, Skill [+1], Specialization [+1]; Aura of Inspiration-Lvl1 [+1]

"Oh the heavens is my sea,
the heaven is my Sea!"

"As I sail over the world so bright,
I will always FIGHT!"

"To protect my mother world,
To save our mother world..."

"As I leave and fly into the sky,
All my foes will DIE!"

"I am strong and ever will be brave,
Soia-Liron I will save!"

"I will die and turn to dust,
I WILL DIE IF I MUST..."

"But I'll save my world from every foe,
And I'll sing{sanzai} as I go!"

"Oh the wind of space is mine,
the heaven is my brine!"

"I will sail in outer space above,
See my world I love."

"I will save our beloved abode,
from each and every foe."

"I will fly upon this 'raft' of 'steel'
Danger I'll not fear!"

"As I fly into the endless sky,
I'll endure where danger lies."

"All alone I truly am,
I WILL FIGHT TO THE END!"

"But I'll save our world from every foe
And I'll sing{sanzai} as I go!"

"But I'll save our world from every foe
And I'll Sing{sanzai} As I GO!"

[ P56 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Ensign Michael rolls his eyes dramatically when the Loroi starts singing.

Could have just put The Flight of the Valkyries instead. At least the language was nice.

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

After Sonnidezzi's song Hadrid looked at his confused team. [Well...ok]

Turning to Sonnidezzi [If nothing else I have one of these.] Hadrid poked with his boot large bag which he brought along with him [I'm sure umiaks gonna love it.]

[Let's back to the briefing.]

Pressing buttons on his computer. A picture with a list of objectives came up.

[Our objectives are as follows:
Main objectives:
1. Secure station's CIC, and access station's security network. It's highly possible that the crew of the station engaged general lockdown procedure.
2. Secure the station: neutralize the treat
Secondary objectives:
1. Search and rescue any survivors
2. Capture hostiles for interrogation

Another objectives may come up when we will be inside.]

Turning off screen.

[We gonna divide our forces in to 3 squads. Alpha, Beta and Charlie. I will lead Alpha, Sergeant Steen you take beta, Sergeant Aldridge gets Charlie. I will hand out the task on the site when we secure landing side. Soroin Mallas Nelopaio, corporal Fiore, ensign Ruyter you are with me. Rest divide similarly I want to have one human and loroi NCO it the each squad. Any questions?]

Post 36

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Her song finished Sonni turns to Commander Ferox and nods in approval.

At Ferox's return to the briefing... a silent cohesiveness descends upon the Loroi as they move as one to position for a clear look at the display of his Tactical deployment objectives and squad assignments.

Sonnidezzi nods, "Very Good Commander Ferox."

"I'll take Yellow Sun, and Ashe-Eyes and join Sergeant Aldridge in Charlie Company. Sergeant Steen, Thoughtvenom, Leaping Flame and Cloud Song will accompany you."

Turning back to Commander Ferox, "If this is acceptable to you Commander Ferox then we stand ready at the quick! There is only one thing that might affect our order of directives... the Loroi Prisoner. If the prisoner at the behest of their captors begins attacking us psionically... I will have to deal with that immediately... as currently I am the only one 'armed and armored' to fight such a non-physical mental battle. It will take some concentrated effort to win such a fight. I have no plans to initiate such a battle but we could be attacked at any point walls do not block line of sight on psionic weapons."

"On the upside, I and the Soroin here should be able to accurately pinpoint the mind of every Umiak onboard the ship.. so our assault should be able to avoid any ambushes. I would counsel pay close heed to your Soroin who will be constantly scanning for the location of our foes minds. The down side of this is the Umiak have a Loroi prisoner who will likely be doing the same for their benefit... be wary."

[ P57 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

De Ruyter makes a customary agreement to Ferox, booting up a connection to the shuttle in case he receives any further instructions, and patiently waits for the operation to start. The stims made him feel delightfully uncaring about his possible impending doom, too.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Corporal Fiore looked over to her copilot as they were listening to that Loroi song, but all he could do was raise an eyebrow and look at her with absolute disbelive.

{What was that? Strange people those Loroi... very strange people... Time for something else!}

[Dear passengers, its eta t-45min and our board entertaining service will start shortly, sorry for keeping you waiting...] she pushed a button on her controls and wanted to play one of her favorite songs from a certain Aldean pop band, but instead all she could hear was weird static noise, followed by even stranger music: Link

Then she realized in sudden anger that _all_ her songs had been replaced by 20th century music from someone else. Only one guy aboard could have done this...
[Curse you Metzger! You will pay for deleting my songs! There is no place aboard were I wouldn't find you once I am back!] she yelled in anger into her com unit.

Meanwhile on the bridge:

Captain Blake noticed the somehow smiling weapons officer and could hear him speaking to someone: [Con piacere!]

[Whats so funny, Ensign Metzger?] the Captain said in the typical voice of a Commanding officer noticing something off.

[Nothing sir!] meanwhile the bridge turned to dead silence.

[I hope so, Ensign! Prepare those surprises for our "friends" at the station and stop playing tricks on someone. Understood?]

[Yes sir! It won't happen again, sir!]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 39

All Charlie learned from the briefing was not to get shot, and that it might take a whole fire team for each target. The atmosphere felt very different from a very days ago, when Charlie was going to help Sonni assault that Umiak boat alone. Honestly, that was going to be a one way trip. This time, however, things felt a lot more possible. There were going to be fatalities, but the mission was looking defiantly possible. No drinks, no movies on this flight, well thats just great.

The Loroi started doing, something. Charlie wasn`t sure what, but he could something was up. They all turned the same way, and they seemed as sharp as a razors edge. They weren`t nervous, no, it looked like they were all listening to something telepathically. Probably more briefing. Having spent so much Loroi recently Charlie was finding it a lot easier to see when they were "talking" amongest themselves, not that it was very difficult in the first place.

Still know that they were talking but being unable to hear was a little vexing, to say the least. Sonni came forward into to everyone's field of view, for some reason the other Loroi seemed unhappy. What was it they were talking about? Something bad? Was Sonni going to tell everyone bad news?
{A Battle Chant, eh? Why not, but, do they not want us to hear? They seem perturbed.}
Charlie was perplexed, the other Loroi didn`t seem to approve, maybe their song was a secret? She seemed to have made the decision to share it herself, it felt endearing to Charlie.

The song itself was an odd one, Charlie didn`t know if he liked it. The words seemed to be about protecting their home-world, or dying trying. Perhaps a noble fate to dying protecting a world, but not one that Charlie really wanted. Sure if he had to he'd fight to the end, but he'd made a promise to try and not die. Still, regardless of the songs meaning, he liked the singer`s voice and the singer herself. He was happy he'd heard it.

The objectives presented were exactly what Charlie expected, with the exception of the Loroi prisoner. The squad he was assigned; Charlie Squad. More of the LC`s humor?

Sonni, Yellow Sun and Ashe-Eyes? Given the number of Marine Troopers on board, the Loroi would probably be the only members of Charlie Squad. Still at least Sonni would be close by, then he'd be able to watch out for her. But considering this squad is mainly Loroi, the Commander may task us with finding the Loroi prisoner. Unless, she might be on the Umiak ship, then it might come around to just railing it before we get there? Charlie was worried though, it had been three days already, and whos knows how long before that the Umiak controlled the station. Things in there were going to be rough. Sonni said that some of the Loroi could find other beings, she hadn`t said anything like that before. He did wounder if they could find Humans too. Still, it was an advantage, and it was a good one.

[Dear passengers, its eta t-45min and our board entertaining service will start shortly, sorry for keeping you waiting...]
{A bit late, we already had the song and dance portion of our flight.}
[I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine...]
{What. Is. This? How is it funny? I don`t get it.}
All Charlie learned was that some one named "Metzger" was going to receive a probable beating. But forty five minutes was feeling a lot longer, Charlie hated wanting like this, minutes would feel like hours. He understood why the were going in unpowered, stealth and what not, but it was going to take forever. And if windows weren`t structural weaknesses, they could just look out a window and see us coming. Assuming radar or whatever the Umiak have don`t see us first.
Last edited by Charlie on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Ensign de Ruyter quickly used his connection to the Cydonia to shoot a quick message to Metzger, congratulating him, sneaking through the data networks like he always had...

Code: Select all

[Message as Follows:

Congrts,
Was about time that Aldean trash got junked, May suggest replacing her soundtrack w/ some gd old "Year 3000" next? ofc, only after I have vacated.

gr. De Ruyt.]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

After the mission brief as everyone is settling in for the 'eternity' of waiting for the mission to actually proceed walks over to the Marine's weapons rack looking at the stowed rifles and munitions pondering them in silence.

Coming to a decision she turns and ask, "Commander Ferox, may I equip myself with one of your extra Marine Gauss Assault Rifles? I have my sidearm... but there are options one of your rifles, in this case. might make available that my blaster might not cover... or have the range to be effective. I might as well get use to your slug throwers at some point...we may need every available option should situations deterioirate once we engage the enemy."

[ P58 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke