Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 89  Next
WIP Discussion (Part 1!) 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:42 pm
Posts: 130
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
dragoongfa wrote:
Image

Looks like a minor station, probably a basic surveillance and communications post. Taken in context it looks like it will soon be part of the RIP list.


Looks like a master of orion starbase or battlestation. If the small lights are windows, it is pretty big.


Sun May 20, 2018 4:27 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am
Posts: 434
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Could be that they're going to mention the station as a possible place to go now that Clearbrook is bugging out.


Sun May 20, 2018 9:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Posts: 1289
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
hi hi

I think the probability that the Highland 7 is going to divert to the Gora Relay has just gone up significantly. ;)

While the station does not look like a complete pushover, sporting as many point defense turrets as it appears to be, and what look like possibly some big shield emitters, I have doubts that it can handle two plus divisions by itself. If Highland 7 is going there, I imagine they'll want to refuel and get moving as soon as they can. And also, they may have to make some tough calls about who to leave behind themselves, just like the Clearbrook.

Looks like at least 16 point defense turrets by my count, and possibly some blasters too. I wonder, do stations get automatic upgrades like in Moo2, or are they possibly not a very high priority for the Loroi to upgrade with their latest and greatest tech?


Sun May 20, 2018 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:38 pm
Posts: 305
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Krulle wrote:
I think that's Gora Relay station, where Highland 7 will pass by soon enough.

Since we do not know distance, it might be a large station, but indeed, in terms of Loroi infrastructure I sssume it to be on the "smaller"side of station sizes, yet it'll be massively largr than any Human station Alex knows of.


The icon on page 123's tactical display seems to match the design of the station. The Leido-Sala Post seems to be either the same, or of a similar design, while the Tizaba Depot and the station on the Azimol vector look different. Interesting that the Rallis vector is unmanned (unloroied?). Maybe they didn't think it busy/important enough to warrant a station?

I'm hoping that they gas up and try to make a max effort sprint to link up with Black Razor.


Sun May 20, 2018 10:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Posts: 1289
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
hi hi

Back on page 53, there's some of the early base station concept art. It looks like the Tizaba Depot is a tier or two above the Gora Relay, but also maybe a tier above the most basic station design.

According to Beryl, the jump point to Rallis leads to nowhere.


Sun May 20, 2018 11:38 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:42 pm
Posts: 130
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
icekatze wrote:
hi hi

Back on page 53, there's some of the early base station concept art. It looks like the Tizaba Depot is a tier or two above the Gora Relay, but also maybe a tier above the most basic station design.

According to Beryl, the jump point to Rallis leads to nowhere.


According to the picture it's a battlestation. So it packs a bit of a punch. If supported by other ships the fight might not be as unequal as it seems.


Sun May 20, 2018 12:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm
Posts: 457
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Krulle wrote:
I think that's Gora Relay station, where Highland 7 will pass by soon enough.

Since we do not know distance, it might be a large station, but indeed, in terms of Loroi infrastructure I sssume it to be on the "smaller"side of station sizes, yet it'll be massively largr than any Human station Alex knows of.


page 92, where chapter two starts we see a part of a humanity made space station orbiting Mars. If that Loroi station are about the size I suspect it is tiny in comparison. I believe that humanity can build large, if not that advanced. It is also possible that we got ships larger then any loroi vessel described in the insider. We just do not know how large civilian craft can be, maybe some of them dwarfs the military ones. In our time Supertankers dwarfs most things for instance.


Sun May 20, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Posts: 1289
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
hi hi

To be fair, the space dock seen orbiting Earth was built around humanity's capitol and by far its largest population center. The Loroi battlestation is in a system with no habitable planets.

If I were to hazard a wild guess about the battlestation's armament and fighting capacity, I'd guess it is somewhere between a heavy battleship and a group command ship. Maybe the heavier screens and armor help make up for the lack of speed.


Sun May 20, 2018 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 am
Posts: 172
Location: On your PC as a background program.
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
I wonder how much mobility these stations have, since if they're taking hits then their orbit will be affected and need correction.

_________________
Image


Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm
Posts: 457
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
icekatze wrote:
hi hi

To be fair, the space dock seen orbiting Earth was built around humanity's capitol and by far its largest population center. The Loroi battlestation is in a system with no habitable planets.

If I were to hazard a wild guess about the battlestation's armament and fighting capacity, I'd guess it is somewhere between a heavy battleship and a group command ship. Maybe the heavier screens and armor help make up for the lack of speed.


Of course. the loroi equivalent of that space station orbiting Mars are naturally going to be larger, a LOT larger. It is even possible that they may have orbital ring stations surrounding entire planets, complete with space elevators to move cargo and people o and from the surface.


Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Posts: 3030
Location: San Jose, CA
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Image

_________________
Outsider


Sun May 20, 2018 8:44 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:09 pm
Posts: 31
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Arioch wrote:
Image


so a pre-Pulse Cannon Cruiser's Guns, Battleship Shields, CVL's fighters and twice those three ships combined point defense.

At 3g the entire Human fleet might catch it but they couldn't I think outfight it unless they got lucky and came out of jump inside railgun range.


Mon May 21, 2018 5:13 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 am
Posts: 326
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Dahak wrote:
At 3g the entire Human fleet might catch it but they couldn't I think outfight it unless they got lucky and came out of jump inside railgun range.


OK, 3G acceleration might not be much by Loroi standards, but still, one has to admit that the idea of a space station running away from an attacking fleet (and possibly even outrunning it) is kind of funny. Kind of like your birthday cake deciding "Nope, not want to be eaten" and legging it.

Less funny would be for a space station to come after a fleeing vessel and catching it :lol:


Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:38 pm
Posts: 305
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
entity2636 wrote:
Dahak wrote:
At 3g the entire Human fleet might catch it but they couldn't I think outfight it unless they got lucky and came out of jump inside railgun range.


OK, 3G acceleration might not be much by Loroi standards, but still, one has to admit that the idea of a space station running away from an attacking fleet (and possibly even outrunning it) is kind of funny. Kind of like your birthday cake deciding "Nope, not want to be eaten" and legging it.

Less funny would be for a space station to come after a fleeing vessel and catching it :lol:


That... may or may not have happened in a sci-fi MUD game I played forever and a day ago. In that instance, a very powerful station (that was NOT meant to be mobile) was towed through jump and released to drift right through an enemy fleet. The result? Dreadnought-level weapons auto-firing in close range against heavy cruiser shields and hulls. The fleet nope-ed out of there before they were shredded.

Also darkly funny for the Outsider universe would be a station commander, with no options left, ordering ramming speed against an immobilized ship.


Mon May 21, 2018 9:45 am
Profile

Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:14 am
Posts: 845
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Arioch wrote:
Image

It's been a while since a girl looked at me like that.

I wonder if Alex' heart is melting too...

I also wonder what's going through her thoughts.
And am looking forward to next Monday.

_________________
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123


Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 am
Posts: 172
Location: On your PC as a background program.
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Krulle wrote:
I also wonder what's going through her thoughts.


Perhaps something along the lines of: I can only be punished for flirting with the human if we survive this mess. YOLO!

_________________
Image


Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:59 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am
Posts: 434
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Is direct skin contact with an alien considered an aggressive action among loroi, and thus bad form/bad etiquette?

In b4 touching humans is like crack to loroi, and their pilot is currently on a massive bender.


Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:04 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:42 pm
Posts: 130
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Krulle wrote:
http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=30129#p30129
It's been a while since a girl looked at me like that.

I wonder if Alex' heart is melting too...

I also wonder what's going through her thoughts.
And am looking forward to next Monday.


I still wonder a bit about the special "mind shield" of Humans. Maybe the Loroi/Alex will soon discover that there are other implications. Maybe certain Loroi can sense his thoughts or emotions. After all, it was Fireblade, not Beryl who tried that.

Or Beryl is just telling him that they will protect him, even at the cost of their lifes. Which Alex might feel uncomfortable about.


Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:15 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm
Posts: 457
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Arent wrote:
Krulle wrote:
http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=30129#p30129
It's been a while since a girl looked at me like that.

I wonder if Alex' heart is melting too...

I also wonder what's going through her thoughts.
And am looking forward to next Monday.


I still wonder a bit about the special "mind shield" of Humans. Maybe the Loroi/Alex will soon discover that there are other implications. Maybe certain Loroi can sense his thoughts or emotions. After all, it was Fireblade, not Beryl who tried that.

Or Beryl is just telling him that they will protect him, even at the cost of their lifes. Which Alex might feel uncomfortable about.


Alex was hardly "in the mood" to give up information to Fireblade and her aides. Maybe there is a way to bring down the human lotai. If that way is well, I doubt that, since that would rapidly make tto comic NSFW... :oops: :D


Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:30 am
Profile

Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:14 am
Posts: 845
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
you guys messed up the quotes....

And indeed, that would lead us to uncharted territory.
And while I'm a firm believer of rule #34 (not necessarily a fan of it), this is neither the time nor the place.

_________________
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123


Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:45 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am
Posts: 434
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Krulle wrote:
And while I'm a firm believer of rule #34 (not necessarily a fan of it), this is neither the time nor the place.


Ah, but is it the time and space?


Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Central Florida
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
boldilocks wrote:
Krulle wrote:
And while I'm a firm believer of rule #34 (not necessarily a fan of it), this is neither the time nor the place.


Ah, but is it the time and space?


Space is the place.

_________________
Hoenn


Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:10 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am
Posts: 434
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Hālian wrote:
boldilocks wrote:
Krulle wrote:
And while I'm a firm believer of rule #34 (not necessarily a fan of it), this is neither the time nor the place.


Ah, but is it the time and space?


Space is the place.


Don't eat the tar dip.


Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1085
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
Krulle wrote:
It's been a while since a girl looked at me like that.

I wonder if Alex' heart is melting too...

I also wonder what's going through her thoughts.
And am looking forward to next Monday.


Aheh...yeah... mine is to! I think if Loroi spend much time around humans... they will learn we are not that hard to 'read'... nor impossible to "encourage" to yield up our secrets...with the right motivation!

Yeah... long time since I've seen that kind of look in a young girl's eyes too... nothing else in existence like it... like the sun is shining on you... Personally!

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:31 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 am
Posts: 326
Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
I wouldn't be surprised if Arioch is either trolling us, or her expression is taken far out of context and in reality means something completely different than we (the audience) want to see/believe.

Still, yeah, those lovely lovely eyes....


Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:28 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 89  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: orion1836 and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.